GDS Out of UFC 153 Fight with Gonzaga, Gonzaga/DC?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30968/heavyweight-geronimo-dos-santos-out-at-ufc-153-gabriel-gonzaga-without-opponent.mma

Heavyweight Geronimo dos Santos (13-6 MMA, 8-5 UFC) has been forced out of next week's UFC 153 event in Rio de Janeiro.

UFC officials today announced the scratch but did not reveal the reason for his removal.

That leaves Gabriel Gonzaga (31-14 MMA, 0-0 UFC) without an opponent for the card, but UFC officials did not announce whether a replacement fighter would be sought on such short notice.

Gonzaga could now potentially serve as a replacement opponent for Daniel Cormier at November's Strikeforce event, but Zuffa officials have yet to make an announcement for their intentions with "Napao."

I'd like that matchup better than Mitrione. Hopefully they do it.

I'll take it.

Just get a fight signed, get it over with, and get him in the UFC already.

good fight

I like Cormier/Gonzaga. Pretty decent idea. I still prefer Cormier/Werdum but it doesn't sound like they have any desire to put that together for whatever reason.

It would be decent but I am pretty confident DC would tear him up. I like this fight better than Pat Barry vs. DC though.

"Heavyweight Geronimo dos Santos (13-6 MMA, 8-5 UFC)"

"That leaves Gabriel Gonzaga (31-14 MMA, 0-0 UFC)"

Names are the wrong way round. I got confused as to who was actually out lol. Phone Post

They should just do a Barnett rematch. It was a good action fight.

gonzaga vs Barnett

Cormier vs Werdum

make it happen

Gonzaga/cormier makes sense. 

DamnSevern - 

gonzaga vs Barnett

Cormier vs Werdum

make it happen

Doesnt make sense to send a top HW contender to SF. The goal is to get DC into the UFC as a top contender. Thats gonna happen no matter what, why potentially sacrifice a top HW in Werdum in a SF fight?

Mir made sense because he was a name coming off a title fight loss, he isnt gonna get another HW title shot. Werdum is a top contender on the rise. ONly way you make that fight is if its a top contender fight in the UFC.

the goal is to get DC into the UFC as a top contender, no way you make DC/Werdum in SF.

Thats why when Mir went out guys like Kongo, Meathead and now maybe Gonzaga are being talked about.

Werdum is only "on the rise" in the sense that he won his last couple of fights. I mean, the guy is 35 years old, already lost an awful fight to Overeem and got KO'd by the current champ JDS. He's not a significantly more serious contender than Mir.

What if Geronimo is going to fight DC?

Card -

This. Phone Post

Put Anthony Johnson against Cormier. He should be able to make the 265lb limit with a few weeks notice... Phone Post

Nice win for dc to bring him to the UFC sounds like the stars are aligning for the UFC right now Phone Post

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Tomato Can - Werdum is only "on the rise" in the sense that he won his last couple of fights. I mean, the guy is 35 years old, already lost an awful fight to Overeem and got KO'd by the current champ JDS. He's not a significantly more serious contender than Mir.

You never go full retard... Phone Post

You're right, I don't.