Geekgrounding classic movie quotes....

Steve Rogers: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
Tony Stark: It jumped up a notch.
Steve Rogers: It did, didn't it?
Thor: Yeah, I blew thy hole through a Builder's heart.
Steve Rogers: I saw that. Thor killed a guy. Did you throw Mjolnir around the Sun?
Thor: Yeah, thy were Kree, and Thanos got frozen into a living death, and I killed a guy with Mjolnir.
Steve Rogers: Thor, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because after faking surrender, you're probably wanted for intergalactic murder. Phone Post 3.0

Hawkeye: [about Natasha] I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.
[opens cologne cabinet]
Steve Rogers: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? Wakanda Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Odin's Delight.
Hawkeye: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Chitauri by Odeon. It's illegal in nine realms... Yep, it's made with bits of real Chitauri, so you know it's good.
Steve Rogers: It's quite pungent.
Hawkeye: Oh yeah.
Steve Rogers: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
Hawkeye: Yep.
Steve Rogers: Clint, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
Hawkeye: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
[cheesy grin]
Steve Rogers: That doesn't make sense.
Hawkeye: Well... Let's go see if we can make this little Russki purr.
[snarls] Phone Post 3.0

Beast: Cyclops, did you kill Xavier?
Magneto: You don't have to answer that question!
Beast: I'll answer the question!
[to Hank]
Cyclops: You want answers?
Beast: I think I'm entitled to.
Beast: I want the truth!
Cyclops: You can't handle the truth!
[pauses]
Cyclops: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Kitty Pride? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Xavier, and you curse Emma Frost. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Xaviers's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, Utopia. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Beast: Did you kill Xavier?
Cyclops: I did the job I...
Beast: Did you kill Xavier ?
Cyclops: You're Goddamn right I did!

Tony Stark: Who is The Mandarin? He is supposed to be Chinese . Some say his mother was an English noblewoman. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Nick Fury tell it, anybody could have worked for him. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Mandarin ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that.... He's gone Phone Post 3.0

lurkingveteran -

[to Hank]

[pauses]

Cyclops: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Kitty Pride? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Xavier, and you curse Emma Frost. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Xaviers's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, Utopia. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

This is actually spot on Phone Post

Lol

Awesome. Phone Post 3.0

MarkRobinson - Lol

Awesome. Phone Post 3.0
haha thought you'd like them..will do some more... Phone Post 3.0

VU'd lurkingveteran!

Side note: I've always read your SN "lurkingveteran" and thought it weird that you were a 'lurking vegetarian' - sorry about that :)

lurkingveteran - 

[to Hank]

[pauses]

A Few Good Men -- very cool!

lurkingveteran - Tony Stark: Who is The Mandarin? He is supposed to be Chinese . Some say his mother was an English noblewoman. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Nick Fury tell it, anybody could have worked for him. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Mandarin ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that.... He's gone Phone Post 3.0

The Usual Suspects! awesome!

i dont recognize the other 2 - i live under a rock for the past 50 years

Stickgrappler - i dont recognize the other 2 - i live under a rock for the past 50 years
Anchorman...;) Phone Post 3.0

lol at me - my life is both a comedy and a drama, i don't watch comedies or dramas to escape life. i watch mostly action movies.

Logan: I know what you’re thinking. “Did he get his healing factor back or didn't he?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as these are Adamantium claws, the strongest metal in the world, and would slice your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk? Phone Post 3.0

Aliens meets the Avengers

Romanov: Look, Avengers. I only need to know one thing: where they are.
Barton: Go, Widow. Kick ass.
Romanov: Anytime, anywhere, comrade!
Stark: Right, right. Somebody said "alien" she thought they said "illegal alien" and signed up!
Romanov: Fuck you, Iron man!
Stark: Anytime, anywhere. Phone Post 3.0

Matrix meets General Zod

Zod: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure. Phone Post 3.0

Moar Phone Post

Heat meets Xmen

Charles Xavier: You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face again, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down.
Erik Lensherr: There is a flip side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face to face again, yeah. But I will not hesitate. Not for a second Phone Post 3.0