gene lebell grap master book

i got his book and was mad at first cause half the stuff is bs but i marked about 20 holds that i like. one that bravo does. the problem is he doesnt explain how to set up just the hold itself. any suggestions.

no advise

Pretty much nothing out there gives you everything.
In the end, we are all out own coaches.

The best thing is of course an experienced trainer
and skilled bunch of guys to train with.

After that, you just have to pick up stuff where you
can find it, and then work with it.

If you got 20 subs that you like from the book, that
is tremendous!

thanks kirik, i train bjj but like to keep an open mind cause i have been subbed by judo, tradjj, subwrestlers and even wrest

That book was terrible....a collection of pro wrestling moves.

it wasn't that bad. I did mark a few subs I could incorporate. Mainly the neck crank techniques that I could when an opponent turns into me after I passed the guard (ala Leo Viera).

As far as the twisters, which I think he calls the abdominal flex. The set up that Bravo showed was from the reverse scarf position where he triangles the near leg and rolls. Or something like that. I don't personally like that submission. but with experimentation like bravo, I'm sure you could come up with some set ups.

"thanks kirik, i train bjj but like to keep an open mind cause i have been subbed by judo, tradjj, subwrestlers and even wrest"

That is perhaps the most noble and honest thing I have ever seen posted on this forum. Here's to cross-training and HUMILITY. =) JJGirl

i always see his book in the back of martial arts mags with him beating up a midget. gene lebell's how to defend against a midget.

Ah Kirik.... with the diplomatic answer as usual. ;)

ilked the bicep locks and the neck cranks. some of the stuff was ahead of its time.