Gene Lebell vs Bruce Lee Judo Fight

keseki - What some of the "experts" don't get is that real judo includes atemi (striking). (As Gene would be the first to educate you).

Everything Bruce did in the clip was 1000% legit judo.

The thread didn't say "Olympic judo".

We don't know how it would have really gone down. Bruce was a pro, and pros don't abuse their stunt people.

Yeah, Gene was good at "sport" judo and pro-wrestling, and knew a little karate, and had some pounds on Bruce.

But let's keep it real.

You realize Lebell beat a boxer in what was essentially an MMA match right? He would fold Bruce in half.

LeBell had 40 to 50 lbs of muscle on Lee and real competition experience... people really still do have fanboy love for Bruce Lee

PINKsinglet - 

Remco Pardo vs Orlando Weit maybe?

That brings back some memories!

Concrete is hard, very hard in a street fight I'd have to give it to Lebell and obviously in pure Judo too.

keseki - What some of the "experts" don't get is that real judo includes atemi (striking). (As Gene would be the first to educate you).

We don't know how it would have really gone down. Bruce was a pro, and pros don't abuse their stunt people.

Yeah, Gene was good at "sport" judo and pro-wrestling, and knew a little karate, and had some pounds on Bruce.

But let's keep it real.

That clip is from a FUCKING MOVIE, like everything else Bruce Lee ever did. He was an ACTOR ffs.

Americans are so fucking dumb

GSP vs Matt Damon, who takes it? Damon kicked som serious ass in the Bourne trilogy. Phone Post

simonpe -
keseki - What some of the "experts" don't get is that real judo includes atemi (striking). (As Gene would be the first to educate you).

But let's keep it real.

That clip is from a FUCKING MOVIE, like everything else Bruce Lee ever did. He was an ACTOR ffs.

Americans are so fucking dumb

GSP vs Matt Damon, who takes it? Damon kicked som serious ass in the Bourne trilogy. Phone Post

Sorry aboy yhe comment on americans, that was uncalled for.

I obviously meant: People who believe Bruce Lee was a real fighters are dumb Phone Post

*about *the

fucking phone... Phone Post

It was a TV program, not a movie.

Not all Americans are dumb. That is a stereotype.

I have met some intelligent Americans. Not all Americans are dumb.

What some people are forgetting is that the TV program was a scripted scene. It wasn't real. In a real "street" encounter, I think Gene would have done better. But that is only my personal opinion. However, Gene would not have gone toe to toe with Bruce, for the obvious reasons. Even "dumb" Americans know that.

I was under the impression it was a sparring-ish type thing between the scenes, after shooting one day or something. Bruce was definitely the type to challenge people. But if it were just part of the scene, rehearsal or whatever, and he wouldn't put Bruce down, that would make sense too.

In a real fight (not Judo) Bruce was bound to chop him as that was his focus and he had great experience in them.

What is amazing is that UG'ers lack the common sense to listen to Chuck and Gene on the topic. They will tell you he was a world class martial artist quickly.

I think that Gene had some boxing training as well.

Bruce Lee would totally trap Gene's arms bro... Phone Post

there has to be more discussion on this fascinating subject....

Bruce Lee vs a Gorilla

Bruce Lee vs. a Roman Gladiator

Bruce Lee vs. Mothra

If anyone cares I can recount the story of Gene choking Lee unconscious.

I heard it straight from the source.

OH wait am I taking the bait ?

williepep - If anyone cares I can recount the story of Gene choking Lee unconscious.

I heard it straight from the source.

OH wait am I taking the bait ?

it's ok, this is the underground

Stupid thread but holy fuck are there some bruce lee haters here Phone Post

Pacinko - 

Stupid thread but holy fuck are there some bruce lee haters here Phone Post

anyone who points out that Bruce Lee was around 135 lbs, had limited fight experience and was mostly interested in his acting career = "Bruce Lee hater"

Lebell all day... I love Bruce but come on its Judo.

Lebell would put him through the floor.