Gene Simmons had a tough transition out of makeup.

KISS were gods to me. I remember seeing this video for the first time and being shocked at how horrible looking Gene was. It's like he's completely lost in this video and didn't know how to transition from the "Demon" to a regular rock and roll dude.

On a side note and although it's seemingly impossible Vinnie is actually uglier than Gene. Gene probably hired VV so he wouldn't be the most heinous looking guy in the band.

Goddamned that's awkward.

I've never purposely listened to a KISS song from beginning to end. For some reason they've just never appealed to me at all.

I remember seeing some movie a long time ago where Simmons played some bit part as a bald terrorist with a goatee.  He fit in perfectly and looked the part.  But I agree he looks goofy as a middle aged man with saggy titties in a wig trying to look like a young rocker.

Soup and Beer - 

I remember seeing some movie a long time ago where Simmons played some bit part as a bald terrorist with a goatee.  He fit in perfectly and looked the part.  But I agree he looks goofy as a middle aged man with saggy titties in a wig trying to look like a young rocker.

Straydog24 - 
KISS were gods to me. I remember seeing this video for the first time and being shocked at how horrible looking Gene was. It's like he's completely lost in this video and didn't know how to transition from the "Demon" to a regular rock and roll dude.

On a side note and although it's seemingly impossible Vinnie is actually uglier than Gene. Gene probably hired VV so he wouldn't be the most heinous looking guy in the band.

I wouldn't say Gene is ugly at all? I know women that think he is sexy.
But overall, all you need are 4 specific albums from Kiss and that's it. The rest are terrible.

God that video is horrible and is their drummer really a little person? Poor fella.

HotSteppa -
Straydog24 - 

I wouldn't say Gene is ugly at all? I know women that think he is sexy.
But overall, all you need are 4 specific albums from Kiss and that's it. The rest are terrible.

Hi Gene.

ptper - Goddamned that's awkward.

I've never purposely listened to a KISS song from beginning to end. For some reason they've just never appealed to me at all.

Some of the early Kiss songs were actually pretty good.  A lot of it was also crap but some was awesome.  Dr. Love, Detroit Rock City, God of Thunder, Cold Gin, etc...   Some of it was very similar to AC/DC.

40 years ago I met them all sans makeup. Quite the coup in the 70s

JitsuGuy - God that video is horrible and is their drummer really a little person? Poor fella.

He's been dead for over 20 years.  I'll bet he's gotten over it by now.

I would like to politely request that you all refrain from talking shit about the great Eric Carr. Loved the Catman.

RIP Eric.

Straydog24 - I would like to politely request that you all refrain from talking shit about the great Eric Carr. Loved the Catman.

RIP Eric.
*Fox

JitsuGuy - God that video is horrible and is their drummer really a little person? Poor fella.
I'm pretty sure he died of a brain tumor.

Soup and Beer - 

I thought he played a good villain in the movie "Runaway" as well

Its gonna be really hard to shank a butterfly

LoL @ this app. Wasn't even in this thread lol.

I think he can look handsome, at times, but not in this video. He's not very photogenic when he is intense, or really when he is making any kind of face. 

Straydog24 -

Haha. 

Image result for gene simmons young