General consensus on Wing Chun?

I've met a few people over the years who have trained Wing Chun. Most of them were humble martial artist types never bragging about how their style was best (of course a couple guys insisted on showing me how effective chain punching was once I told them I was into MMA). But i cant think of a a Wing Chun stylist I've seen compete? Just wondering if anyones witnessed a Wing Chun fighter compete in Kickboxing or MMA and how they did?

Ugh.

Jet Li makes it look cool but he's using wires to fly. In the real world it's pretty much worthless except for defense

check out Eddie Camden and Steven Broughman - Atlanta, Georgia - BJJ black belts and Wing Chun students of Francis Fong who've been in tons of altercations (bouncer, police officer) and who swear by Wing Chun

"Dance Hall Days","Everybody Have Fun Tonight" and "To Live And Die in L.A." were great 80's songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-xpJRwIA-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoXu6QmxpJE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf4x36XKhsM

Too deadly for MMA

Blazing Knees - 

Ugh.

Jet Li makes it look cool but he's using wires to fly. In the real world it's pretty much worthless except for defense

^ This is the kinda response I was expecting ^

I just find it interesting that we're seeing old school techniques like front kicks, wheel kicks and oblique kicks becoming popular/reasonably effective. And am wondering what other previously dismissed styles might have something to offer...

Kind Sir - Too deadly for MMA

I heard through a reliable source that Sensei Seagal's teaching Anderson the Dim Mak so he can finally get revenge on Weidman

Ip man would beat the shit out of mighty mouse

There I said it Phone Post 3.0

Jake Allen McHam Burger - 

I heard through a reliable source that Sensei Seagal's teaching Anderson the Dim Mak so he can finally get revenge on Weidman

The "touch of death"?! Lol!

It's an advanced style some
Aspects of it would work if you have a strong base just like taekwondo. But overall I don't see a lot of it transitioning to today's MMA. Phone Post 3.0

Kind Sir - 
Jake Allen McHam Burger - 

The "touch of death"?! Lol!

Trust bro, their on a mountain top somewhere training it right now!

PrettyBoy - It's an advanced style some
Aspects of it would work if you have a strong base just like taekwondo. But overall I don't see a lot of it transitioning to today's MMA. Phone Post 3.0

I suppose any striking style would work if you had solid fundamentals and wrestling? I know very little about Wing Chun specifically which is why I asked the question. It seems to be a popular style which I guess is just cause of Bruce Lee. But I think its interesting to ponder on what will pop up as MMA evolves. I wonder in an Org could survive today doing Style V Style fights the way UFC etc started? Although we all already know Ninjitsu is the greatest of all fighting systems so maybe it would be a waste of time...

It's like tae kwon do.

As a style on its own it's ineffective bit parts of it probably can be added to someone's striking albeit small parts but mostly a ineffective striking style. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd say boxing, may Thai, kick boxing and karate are all way more effective. Phone Post 3.0

It creates a lot of bad habits imo.

Some general principles are sound, though. Phone Post 3.0

The other style(?) I was wondering about is Wushu

Jake Allen McHam Burger - The other style(?) I was wondering about is Wushu

Wushu is just a generic term for "martial arts" in Chinese. (In the West most would label Chinese martial arts as kung fu, which in fact just means "skill".)

The type most known outside China is the exhibition, circus type acrobatics. I assume that is what you are referring to. 

Impressive, and like all gymnastics, it isn't for everyone.

Just gonna leave this here... Phone Post 3.0

Bob Loblaw1 - Just gonna leave this here... Phone Post 3.0
Oops, here...
http://youtu.be/hp9-jKO_K98 Phone Post 3.0