Generic foods that are better then name brand?

Do you have any foods where you like the cheap, generic or no frills brand better?

For me store brand BBQ potato chips taste way better than Lay's. And any fruit flavored soda like grape or orange, the generic taste better.

Oscar Mayer and Ball Park can eat a dick. Give me the cheap Bar S ot John Morrell hot dogs any day.

Looking at my list, my like for these cheap foods probably relates to my cheap family buying the cheapest foods they can for the summer grill out get togethers. Phone Post 3.0

The thing about most generic or off brand goods are that they are manufactured at the same locations as the other products and were not purchased for rebranding. Generic drugs for example have to meet the same standards as the name brands in the US.

Literally everything at HEB.

There is nothing I miss more about Texas than that store. Phone Post 3.0

In my area, the store brand "Toaster Pastries" stomp the shit out of Pop Tarts. I haven't had them in years though.

DaveFu - The thing about most generic or off brand goods are that they are manufactured at the same locations as the other products and were not purchased for rebranding. Generic drugs for example have to meet the same standards as the name brands in the US.
Yup, I can't fathom how anyone pays all that extra money just so the bottle says "Tylenol".

To answer OP, peanut butter. Chips is another good one, best chips ever came in a clear bag with nothing but ingredients/nutritional information sticker on it. Phone Post 3.0

Sams Choice lube

Bar S and John Morrell hot dogs are horrible!

I don't know about "better," but I always but generic coffee creamer, fwiw. Phone Post 3.0

I always want that cheap ass store brand ice cream.

DaveFu - The thing about most generic or off brand goods are that they are manufactured at the same locations as the other products and were not purchased for rebranding. Generic drugs for example have to meet the same standards as the name brands in the US.
I don't think I have ever bought name brand ibuprofen. I never understood why anyone would. Phone Post 3.0

Altofsky - Literally everything at HEB.

There is nothing I miss more about Texas than that store. Phone Post 3.0
I also think HEB products are generally better in comparison to name brand items. They absolutely kick ass as a grocery store. Phone Post 3.0

Luncha Libre - I always want that cheap ass store brand ice cream.
I forgot about this one. Our store brand ice cream is fantastic at about a third of the price. Phone Post 3.0

DaveFu - The thing about most generic or off brand goods are that they are manufactured at the same locations as the other products and were not purchased for rebranding. Generic drugs for example have to meet the same standards as the name brands in the US.

The interesting thing is that there are some generic items that are pretty much the same as name brand versions. Like you mentioned, drugs are this way and generic bleach is totally the exact same shit, but cheaper.

There are some generic things that suck compared to name brand, though. For instance, many generic toilet paper brands are awful and I would gladly pay extra for the better quality stuff.

Generic electronics are often times way way worse than name brand version as well. I dare anyone to go by knock off brand controllers for video game consoles and tell me a good story about how well it worked. Its never happened.

vegetables are a good one too. I buy generic brand quinoa from walmart.

Mayfield - 
Luncha Libre - I always want that cheap ass store brand ice cream.
I forgot about this one. Our store brand ice cream is fantastic at about a third of the price. Phone Post 3.0

Your name is Mayfield. You arent supposed to say things like that!

LittleJoeMama - In my area, the store brand "Toaster Pastries" stomp the shit out of Pop Tarts. I haven't had them in years though.
I've noticed a subtle difference between the two.

Pop Tarts have a sweeter crust.

Generic toaster pastries don't. (At least here)

I've not eaten one in a few years because I'd have no self control and start eating way too many carbs again.

Damn. I miss a toaster pastry. Phone Post 3.0

I didn't even know about Mayfield ice cream until I visited Florida a few years ago and was asked if we were part of the Mayfield ice cream family. Phone Post 3.0

Mayfield - I didn't even know about Mayfield ice cream until I visited Florida a few years ago and was asked if we were part of the Mayfield ice cream family. Phone Post 3.0
WELL ARE YOU Phone Post 3.0

McBottery -
Mayfield - I didn't even know about Mayfield ice cream until I visited Florida a few years ago and was asked if we were part of the Mayfield ice cream family. Phone Post 3.0
WELL ARE YOU Phone Post 3.0
Unfortunately no. Phone Post 3.0

FROZEN WAFFLES

In before Hydrox Phone Post 3.0