Generic message to posters

Tom,

I was too lazy to use my full name to log in...but I do have a completed profile :)

I think the alias is a cop-out when not backed up by a real profile. It is VERY helpful to get some background on the person you're conversing with; get an idea of what area of the world they live in, (we tend to assume posters are from N.A.0, their background (M.A., L.E.O., MIL.), etc.

I try to make it a personal habit when visiting other forums to leave my name, at least, and often my hotmail address. I feel it's just common courtesy...but then again courtesy doesn't seem to be that common these days.

P.

ttt

If you come on this forum with an ALIAS you must pose a question in earnest and you must consider the reply before you reply.

You MUST attempt to interact without arrogance, 'airs of certitude', righteousness or entitlement [in other words earn your respect here by writing respectfully].

I will not tolerate ALIASES that come in here to fixate or debase or whose sole agenda is some weird sort of publicity for their ego's sake. [You also gain merit by using a real name].

Bottom-line: Intelligent interaction is welcome, everything else will be deleted.

SO if your ONLY qualification to voice opinion is MYOPIA and a computer hooked up to the Internet feel free to harass another forum.

Thank you.

TOny Blauer

I THINK ALL ALIASES SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE FORUM IT WOULD GET RID OF THE PISS ANTS!

IF YOU DON'T HAVE BALL'S ENOUGH TO USE YOUR REAL NAME HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SAVE YOUR ARSE WHEN YOU NEED TO!

PEACE, TOM

I have always felt that anonimity,(this does not include using a nick name you like and leaving real name and contact info available) is a tool for the cowardly and ignorant.

I have posted this before in other forums also.

If you feel you have something important to say...be proud of it, use your name.

If you want to electronically attack,challenge or debase anyone, be brave enough to use your real name.

For all the prior military/king of the ring/billy jack experience these "warriors" claim to have they certainly shouldn't be afraid of us frail weakling TCMS/PDR guys.

But I ramble and I'm not being my usual courteous self so I'll stop.

Peace

Signed

The Wrath of The Unsmiling Puerto Rican

Just Kidding 8-)

Tony Torres
Va Beach, VA

I thought it was ignorance, over inflated egos, hidden agendas (which could very well be linked to aliases, poor taste, lack of courtesy and integrity, narrow - mindedness, ....

Anonymity and aliases are, IMHO, a symtom, the problem itself is much deeper!

But I can live without aliases,....

and I believe I understand that I and the other 'law-abiding' forum members are not what this is about, so I apologise if I've diverted the main point of the thread.

SHALOM
&
Hokahey!,

Kevin

My name is L. Nat McDonald, my address is ... Oh, just a ligit name.:-)

One of these days soon I will take the time and complete my profile.

Peace guys! Peace!

Kev,

There are some scams running right now. Some are leery, weary and fed-up. The 'fascist' line doesnt help, though I know you were joking.

When my new site is done, we will have a section for just PDR commnets & questions: But ONLY real people with real names will be able to post. I'm not intersted in a dialogue with a person concerned with protecting their identity.

I spend a lot of time and energy trying to help in whatever way I can...I find some of the arrogance in the forum lately a bit much. I could delete these people, or ban them, it would sure as hell easier than answering and trying to educate. But good does and will come of it.

ON the subject of a name, I repeat:

If you come on this forum with an ALIAS you must pose a question in earnest and you must consider the reply before you reply.

You MUST attempt to interact without arrogance, 'airs of certitude', righteousness or entitlement [in other words earn your respect here by writing respectfully].

I will not tolerate ALIASES that come in here to fixate or debase or whose sole agenda is some weird sort of publicity for their ego's sake. [You also gain merit by using a real name].

Bottom-line: Intelligent interaction is welcome, everything else will be deleted.

Tony

With all respect, Steady there fellas I agree with what Tony's about but let's not go fascist. I came on here when of the 3 (yes, 3) forum moderators two of them used nom de guerre. As long as folks abide by the rules use some good taste and practice mutual respect and courtesy I think that should be sufficient.

Very respectfully,
Kevin L. Plagman

Anonymity and aliases are the cause of 90 some
% of the grief here.

Understood.

Been off here for awhile and I forget some of the stuff that gets pulled.

I guess when you come in here at less regular intervals like I do some of the problems don't seem as pervasive as they may be to more consitent posters.

I think, under your guidelines, relevant respectful, and courtesy posts are fine under a 'screen name' then, correct?

(I've kinda grown attached to Horatius but I can change if there's a problem.)

Sincerely,
Kevin . Plagman

TOM , I'm sorry , actually we have never met . I reside in Thunder Bay where I have been studying TCMS under Sean M . Recently he took me on privately (CFD) , and I am beginning to see evidence of his patient tutlage . I hope to one day meet Tony , yourself and all the great PDR fellas . Until that day , I will keep my head down , my chin high (figuratively , of course) , my feet planted firmly and I'll train my butt off. That way if we meet at a training course I won't get my a$$ whomped !*L* PS: Don't tell Sean , but I have sized up his luggage and I think I may be able to stow away to his next seminar ... I get a 'lil envious watchin him jet here and there , mixin it up with you guys . Well gotta run , have about 100 lbs to lose before I stow myself ... *hopin I have enough brown fat for the altitude !* Oh yeahhhh , *lmao*Peace , Var

REDNECKS RULE! I'LL WORK ON BEING MORE STRAIGHT FORWARD AND AGGRESSIVE! HAHAHA!

THE CAPS LOCK ARE IN HONOR OF MY HERO DEANE LAWLER!

PEACE, TOM

BTW: I vote for you re-telling the Pickup story!

YeeeHaaaaaaaa!

Kevin

VAR, DID I MEET YOU AT S&W AT TONY'S LAST SESSION?

I LIKE YOUR POST'S KEEP THEM COMING!

LET'S FREE THE FORUM OF BACK STABING HIDING WEASEL'S

PEACE, TOM P.S. I WANT TO NOMINATE MYSELF TO MODERATE THE FORUM WHEN TONY'S AWAY! :-)

Tom,
I would most humbly suggest that the alternate forum moderator needs to be a bit more outspoken and agggressive than you - although the CAP LOCKS is starting to work in your favor : )

(Also, the alternate should be without the sheep fetish that you have indicated previousily!)

BTW, I played the same GOT BALLS? game in my youth. Rednecks may not be cultured but they sure know how to have FUN!

Kevin

Hey *G* I think the honesty and trust implicit in signing with ones' real name has a parallel from yester-year . Remember when a business deal was secured with a simple handshake ? Such a simple , unencumbered way of expressing openess and mutual trust . A name may be merely a few words on our screens , but its' presense speaks volumes . Cheers , Var

I think I always sign my real name when here but
just in case...

TAKU = Liam Bauer.

nothing to hide.

Nice talking to you the other day Tony It
has been way too long.

Liam.

....even still, some wiseguy will end up posting under Dick Hertz

COunte Dante,

Agreed, the post was more 'philosophical' than literal.

------------

Mad Tiger:

DO I detect 'annoyance' in your message here or this another expample of how the interentcan take a sincere statement and make it read like a sarcastic demand?

:-)

Tony