George Foreman says Conor should focus on boxing

George Foreman believes Conor McGregor would beat Manny Pacquiao in a boxing match.

In the lead-up to Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 2, the Irishman has said it was to help him prepare to fight Pacquiao. Poirier, like Pacquiao, is a southpaw and the Irishman thought their were similar. However, the fight did not go McGregor’s way and it is now likely he will have the trilogy with Poirier.

Yet, for George Foreman, he believes McGregor shouldn’t worry about the trilogy and instead switch to boxing to fight Pacquiao. The former heavyweight champion believes the Irishman would do well against Pacquiao and thinks he would actually win the fight.

“It’s hard for McGregor to accept it but he’s a better puncher than he is in MMA,” Foreman said to the Daily Star about Conor McGregor boxing Pacquiao. “I’d rather see him in boxing matches now. I think if he has a fight with Pacquiao he can actually beat him – good rules, over 10 rounds, McGregor can beat him. He’s already adjusted to boxing, he’s not going to do good in MMA anymore. Pacquiao is very good as a matter of fact, but McGregor can beat him in a boxing match.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/george-foreman-believes-conor-mcgregor-should-quit-mma-and-focus-on-boxing-confident-hed-beat-manny-pacquiao/

![](upload://5dWph0Dpop2XYBr0Jfp5iN5Cq8E.jpeg)

interesting.

George you’re drunk. 

1 Like

LOL He must have made George mad about something.

Barry_BondsMVP - 

George you’re drunk. 

But has Pacquiao seen the movement of a martial artist ?

I mean I know he has seen boxing movement but martial artists move differently.

Conor could win by not moving like a boxer.

2 Likes
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

George you’re drunk. 

Willie are you drunk too? 

1 Like
Soul Gravy - LOL He must have made George mad about something.
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

George you’re drunk. 

Screen name does not check out. 

1 Like
SuperGuerrer -

A lot of Proper 12 being drunk in this thread

Led by Foreman 

anyone that cares about boxing should say the same thing.. he might even be on something

*to

Barry_BondsMVP -
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

George you’re drunk. 

I think willie is quoting all the nerds that were saying McGregor would show mayweather new punching angles because he punches like an MMA guy instead of like a boxer. Lol

1 Like
TheHoarseWhisperer -
Barry_BondsMVP -
williepep -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

George you’re drunk. 

I think willie is quoting all the nerds that were saying McGregor would show mayweather new punching angles because he punches like an MMA guy instead of like a boxer. Lol

Lol oh ok I do remember that. Hoping that’s the case. 

George Foreman is legend 

I love George Foreman . I really do, more than almost any other athlete. I enjoyed George as a commentator on HBO but he routinely made ridiculous and contrarian arguments which was funny because Lampley and Merchant would be flummoxed and try to argue and he’d basically tell them to shut up. If you ask Big George about this tge very next day and say you agree that Connor could beat Pacquiao , it wouldn’t surprise me if he would strongly argue the other way. The dude likes to fight and arguing is a form of combat for him I think. 

1 Like