Georges " I should have stopped one fight before "

John Nic - Regardless of how GSP fought "safe" near the end of his career, he never once did that Johnny Hendrix "I'm gonna keep putting my head in your crotch to run out the time" shit like Johnny did against lawler. Phone Post 3.0
Eh...Thiago Alves...Dan Hardy.

They were similar approaches. Phone Post 3.0

The moment you lose your passion and desire, it's very, very hard to get it back.

And to lose your passion and desire in a sport that is so dangerous like MMA could potentially be very damaging long-term health wise. Better to leave now then to keep fighting as he has nothing to prove.

I do think GSP lost to Hendricks and you could tell that he lost some motivation at the end of his career, but nothing will take away GSP's accomplishments in this sport. He was truly one of a kind and IMO, the best fighter to ever represent MMA.

XFactah416 - The moment you lose your passion and desire, it's very, very hard to get it back.

And to lose your passion and desire in a sport that is so dangerous like MMA could potentially be very damaging long-term health wise. Better to leave now then to keep fighting as he has nothing to prove.

I do think GSP lost to Hendricks and you could tell that he lost some motivation at the end of his career, but nothing will take away GSP's accomplishments in this sport. He was truly one of a kind and IMO, the best fighter to ever represent MMA.
So true. I wish him the best but I don't think he still has the desire to fight. And I am fine with that. He has nothing left to prove. He's one of the best ever. He went out on top with the belt and with no loses that are unavenged. Phone Post 3.0

SurgicalGloves -
John Nic - Regardless of how GSP fought "safe" near the end of his career, he never once did that Johnny Hendrix "I'm gonna keep putting my head in your crotch to run out the time" shit like Johnny did against lawler. Phone Post 3.0

Not even close man. He came incredibly close to finishing Dan hardy. Honestly the only reason I think he didn't is because he was too nice to break his arm. And alves he worked over the whole fight.

Just because he used grappling doesn't mean he was stalling.

For all the hate gsp gets he always advanced position or applied pretty brutal gnp when he was grappling. I can't recall seeing a time where he stalled out on a takedown for lengthy periods of time. It might have happened, but all I remember is him staying active.

The reasons his fights were boring was because guys weren't even close to being on his level. He was never going to get into a battle like rory and robbie because no one was good enough to hit him that much. Phone Post 3.0

andrewwarner -
SurgicalGloves -

Not even close man. He came incredibly close to finishing Dan hardy. Honestly the only reason I think he didn't is because he was too nice to break his arm. And alves he worked over the whole fight.

Just because he used grappling doesn't mean he was stalling.

For all the hate gsp gets he always advanced position or applied pretty brutal gnp when he was grappling. I can't recall seeing a time where he stalled out on a takedown for lengthy periods of time. It might have happened, but all I remember is him staying active.

The reasons his fights were boring was because guys weren't even close to being on his level. He was never going to get into a battle like rory and robbie because no one was good enough to hit him that much. Phone Post 3.0
Hmm

Maybe time has skewed my perception of those fights as I haven't seen them since around when they took place. Phone Post 3.0

Honestly, the way Dana acted after the Hendricks fight was 100% it for me. I rooted against GSP for years, but the way he was treated was ridiculous.

Hope he never comes back.... The GOAT Phone Post 3.0

I hope all these mma promotions join forces and GSP, Jones, Fedor, and Aldo all have surprise fights on the card. Phone Post 3.0

Buck Nasty -
Hong Kong Phooey -

GOAT Phone Post 3.0
GOAT Phone Post 3.0

crazydave - Imagine how much cash he would lose under the reebok deal? Phone Post 3.0
Maybe the aliens told him about it before hand Phone Post 3.0

He's far from my favourite fighter but he was a great champ. Was always active and didn't pull out of fights or stay on the sidelines for years once he got the belt.

A nice guy and far too intelligent to take uneccesary damage standing and wanging. Wars in the Octagon might be fun for the fans but for long term health and life after MMA, it's not a good thing.

He retired/took a break at the right time when he started to take more damage in the Octagon against guys like Condit and Hendricks.

Guys like Chuck and Wandy were great but both seem to be showing effects of walking through punches to land their own. Phone Post 3.0