Georgia gets a new Commissioner

Andy Foster has been named the new State Commissioner for Georgia.

Congratulations Andy! You earned it!

No more Kelly?

^^^LOL!

awsesome

war andy

tim

THE MOST INTERESTING THING TO COME OUT OF GEORGIA...........

From my understanding Kelly Farr will still have some kind of position with the GAEC.....but still, good news for GA MMA!!!! MAKE THINGS RIGHT ANDY!!!!!!

Andy, change the amateur rules back to what they were!!!

forgive my ignorance but could anybody give me a quick bio? i assume from yalls reaction its a good thing and he might actually have seen a fight or two.

Andy Foster has been in the game for a while, he is a Bodog Fight veteran, and was most recently the head referee for all GA shows. He knows his shit and more than likely he will fix the mess that Kelly Farr made.

ttt

govols6911 - Andy Foster has been in the game for a while, he is a Bodog Fight veteran, and was most recently the head referee for all GA shows. He knows his shit and more than likely he will fix the mess that Kelly Farr made.

Holy crap, that Andy Foster?! Nothing but good for us.

ttt

Andy is a great candidate for the job. He has my full support.

I've been told that Kelly will now be on the election side of the SOS office.

There has been a lot of bad talk about Kelly, but I've met him personally and he isn't a bad guy even if he isn't super knowledgeable about our sport.

good news for mma in georgia. ive watched andy fight, hes reffed my fights. hes a fighter, and i trust him to do a great job. congrats andy.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here:

So far as I know, Andy is working for Mr. Farr now. And if he were promoted to Executive Director, he would be working for the Secretary of State while trying to administer the policy of the GAEC.

Andy won't be making the rules, he will just be policing them.

Andy is in full support of safety and has stated that the new amateur rules are very safe for beginners.

I think you guys need to give Andy time to do his job, whatever it is now. I am sure that Andy will be easy to talk with as always and has the best interest of our sport at heart.

Another thing to remember is that it takes legislators YEARS and YEARS to learn how things work in Atlanta. Andy is very smart, but, he will have a learning curve as well.

Give him time to do good things here, guys.

Congrats.......

Exactly. This is a thread to congratulate Andy on landing a very prestigious position with the GAEC. Andy is a great Fighter, Trainer and he has Promoted MMA for years. FYI- The job is filled everyone. Kelly picked the right Man for the job.

Congrats to Andy Foster. It's good to have a person with MMA experience on the board. While it is a pity that the amateur rules will not be changed anytime soon, at least there is someone knowledgeable on the board.