GET CHARUTO IN PRIDE

Who wants to see Charuto in Pride? I think it will be
great for him and the fans.

How about some TTTs for Charuto.

He would be awsome in Pride.

Great competition, less space for running, no fence, more appreciation for his ground game, and not so much putting them back to the feet.

A friendly smiling face like that, who tears it up on the ground and standing? He'd be loved there.

Good for him. Too bad Hughes was too much for him in rounds 2 and 3.

Pride Bushido........not Pride-FC

nah, regular Pride...we can see Rampage vs. Charuto!

(in all seriousness, it would be nice to see Charuto compete in a format that awards agression...even Saku would have to be careful!)

i'd love to see him fight anywhere...
he's an awesome fighter and a great representative of the sport...

hope he gets lots of more chances to show the world what he's got...

ttt

Pride is certainly the place for BJJ fighters that can't finish a fight standing because it overcompensates the passive aggression that is submission attempts from the guard.

Charuto has the ability to control a fight from the top as he showed against Newton, but he was unable to control Hughes. Does that mean he should leave the UFC? I suppose if he wants to make a living laying on his back and entangling arms without finishing, that would be the place to do it. I was really hoping that Charuto would provide American fans with a BJJ practitioner that didn't need to be on his back relying on the mistakes of his opponent to win.

Liverkick, i agree %100. All Verissimo did in rounds 2 and 3 was tie Hughes hands up. This is mixed martial arts not BJJ and Verissimo was unable to do anything else against Hughes except for one real nice triangle that Hughes powered out of. I guess if Verissimo cant handle guys like Hughes he should run to Pride, if not, stick around and prove you can beat the best.

Charuto vs. Sherk would be a great match. I would like to see how he would work his ground game in a ring vs. a cage. ttt for Charuto...

No matter what you thought of rounds 2 & 3, Verissimio (sp??) dominated the 1st round. I believe he also took the 2nd, barely, and lost a close 3rd round.

But its that 1st round that is giving me a headache and has ever since two of the judges gave a 27-30 decision for Hughes, which meant they claimed that Hughes won all 3 rounds.

I can honestly see Hughes getting the decision, and I'm happy with the money I won off of the fight, but there is something seriously wrong when 2 of the 3 judges gave Hughes that 1st round.

The 2nd and 3rd were close enough that I wouldn't cry foul if all three judges awarded a 29-28 decision for Hughes . . . but 27-30 for Hughes by two judges . . . now that's some serious bullsh*t.

Verissimo has to have the smoothest anti-GNP defense in the Jiu-Jitsu world. TTT for Charuto in Pride Bushido.

I'd like to see him fight anywhere where the judges are under 50 years old and understand what's happening in a MMA fight.

Charuto really impressed me against Matt. The guys got an amazing guard game.

I'd pay to watch Charuto anyday.

"This is mixed martial arts not BJJ and Verissimo was unable to do anything else against Hughes except for one real nice triangle that Hughes powered out of."

This also isn't wrestling, which means that just being on top shouldn't give you the victory.

"I guess if Verissimo cant handle guys like Hughes he should run to Pride, if not, stick around and prove you can beat the best."

He wouldn't be running from guys like matt, he'd be leaving judging criteria like the UFC has. If the exact same fight happened in pride, we'd see a totally different outcome.

ttt

someone explain to me what Hughes did that was so special. He didn't gnp, he didn't even improve his position. Charuto nuetralized him the whole fight. I say DRAW.

lol @ people who are STILL locked into the mentality that being on top is what it's ALL about.

If being on top is the only good and offensive position, why didn't Hughes (the most powerful 170 pounder in the sport) finish Charuto?

Was it because Hughes (the man on top) was on the defensive the whole fight? Yes. Yes it was. One only needs to listen the the constant barrage of advice coming from Hughes' corner to know who was on the defensive.

"Matt! Get your head outta there!"..."Pull your arm out!" "Back up, back up!" "Don't let him do that to you!" "30 seconds more Matt!" etc. etc. etc.

Also, did anyone catch the look and reactions of Miletich, as Hughes got swept, mounted with the triangle, and when he finally escaped? Go back and look at it. It's classic.

ttt