Getting car system immature?

Was tired of the shitty sound in my 2012 Accord so got some new speakers and a head unit. Installed myself, sounds great but now I want an 8 inch JL Audio powerwedge powered sub. I don’t want head turning bass but just enough to make it sound great in the car. Wife thinks I’m turning into a teenager.

midlife crisis bros?

Fuck no. Sounds are important. Gotta be able to enjoy your music.

Not really. My old car had a great built in system and my new one is just a regular stock stereo. I miss it because I almost always listen to music in the car. If you’re driving around shaking windows with DMX or something you might be in a different situation though. 

I did the same thing , but it's hearing loss not mid life crisis in my case .

Did you have a speaker box built in the back of your trunk and your suspension lowered? I mean don’t half ass it, you’ll be a senior next year and you want to look cool at the prom. 

Music is immature?

Interesting concept. Even if it was, do you enjoy it? Ok do it because you could be dead tomorrow.

And tell your wife to shut the fuck up and get in the kitchen.

And as a follow up, if you get good speakers and a decent head unit, you won't need a sub. I had boschmans all round in my Evo, 350watt 6.5 3 ways, and 550w 6x9 5 ways. My flatmate walked out while I was tuning the headunit, and asked what kinda sub I had.

Only if you have to ask

No way. Sometimes you have to upgrade from stock. 

For some reason, the stock system in my Tundra sounds sick . So I just use that. But I would upgrade if need be

Bassboats Budlight -
fastnotch331 - I did the same thing , but it's hearing loss not mid life crisis in my case .

Of course it is.

*pats fastnotch on the back

Thanks pal .

I'm 44 and I have a subwoofer with amplifier in my car. It came with a Beats by Dre system that sounded pretty good but ironically it had zero low end so I bought a Rockford Fosgate Punch 300. I'm a heavy metal rock guy so I don't need ridiculous bass but you do need to have something there for the sound good

I used to love having a system. Something about hearing every cymbal hit and growl is amusing. My new car has an upgraded audio package and it has a woofer in the rear end, it's not system loud but it adds that low end you can't get out of door speakers. Even the dork aboves 5 way 6x9 lol.

An 8" sub... You're so cute

Bassboats Budlight -

Im 41 and looking to put some rims on my truck.

The struggle is real...

Don’t.

Bassboats Budlight -

The struggle is real...

“Bassboats Budlight”

”Rims on truck”

wanna know how I know exactly what you look like?

Passive Jay - I'm 44 and I have a subwoofer with amplifier in my car. It came with a Beats by Dre system that sounded pretty good but ironically it had zero low end so I bought a Rockford Fosgate Punch 300. I'm a heavy metal rock guy so I don't need ridiculous bass but you do need to have something there for the sound good

This should answer OP's question

PatK -
Passive Jay - I'm 44 and I have a subwoofer with amplifier in my car. It came with a Beats by Dre system that sounded pretty good but ironically it had zero low end so I bought a Rockford Fosgate Punch 300. I'm a heavy metal rock guy so I don't need ridiculous bass but you do need to have something there for the sound good

This should answer OP's question

Live a little homie!

Great thread! I think as long as you don't start adding neon ground effects or get rid of your muffler, you're good to go.

8” JL Audio pre-powered from the factory is no joke. The whole thing has a .25 impedance and is specifically matched to the proper space needed for performance. I may get the 12”version though, it’s only like $80 more. 

I got got a pioneer head unit that has appleplay, which is awesome. Speakers I got the infinity reference components upfront and the regular ones in the back. I got a power pack 400 watt pioneer amp that’s tiny and fits behind the head unit. Unfortunately the car only fits 6.5” speakers so I don’t get much low end bass this the need for the woofer.  

I am am having an issue where certain songs start cutting out at about 2/3 volume. I don’t know why and will be calling Crutchfield to find out why. Maybe they have a solution to it. 

I also bought some sound deadening materials but once I had the doors taken apart it seemed like too much of a hassle. Maybe I’ll try it again. 

Bassboats Budlight -
TFK_likatiga -
Bassboats Budlight -

The struggle is real...

“Bassboats Budlight”

”Rims on truck”

wanna know how I know exactly what you look like?

HAHA!  You would be right.

I don't get it. Do some segments of the population not believe in rims?