Getting first gun tomorrow tme

Never have even fired one. Wanted one from awhile. Buying a gun from a friend I trust.

Any newbie advice? Phone Post 3.0

It's always loaded. Phone Post 3.0

Finger off the trigger till your pointed at your target. Thats a good place to start...

Treat, never, keep, keep.

Sig Sauer SP2022 Phone Post 3.0

^^^ She's lucky it just slid off her shoulder. Most blondes take a butt to the cock holster or a scope to the eye.

For OP, have your friend give you a hands-on tutorial. Then immediately take it to a range and familiarize yourself with its action.

panic686 - Sig Sauer SP2022 Phone Post 3.0

Be prepared to be all over the target. Shooting a pistol is definitely a learned skill!! A lot of fun though. This pistol will probably start off your future collection. Have fun, friend!

Sennin - It's always loaded. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

9 or .40?

9....thought it was better to start learning there.

I've been interested in starting to own guns for awhile so I am excited to finally start the first step. However, I want to make sure that I show the proper respect to the weapon. I don't want to be the person who scares everyone else on the range. Phone Post 3.0

Rough Bearing -
panic686 - Sig Sauer SP2022 Phone Post 3.0

Be prepared to be all over the target. Shooting a pistol is definitely a learned skill!! A lot of fun though. This pistol will probably start off your future collection. Have fun, friend!
Thank you Phone Post 3.0

VinnyTheChin - 
This Phone Post 3.0

I was at a buddies house and he brought over his little 10/22 that was done up all tactical. It looked like something straight out of Modern Warfare. 3 of us were raised around guns and there were 3 who had never really handled rifles at all. We were on the balcony having a smoke and one of the guys came out pointing the rifle at us like he was storming a building. I obviously knew he was playing around but holy fuck it was weird. I almost shit my pants because it was the last thing I was expecting. Anyone who has spent amount of time with a firearm knows you don't do that. We didn't get mad or anything but we definitely had a discussion on how you NEVER do that shit.

1 Never treat it like it's loaded.
2 Always point it at someone.

It's been a while but it's something like that.

Tossed_Salad -
panic686 - 9....thought it was better to start learning there.

I've been interested in starting to own guns for awhile so I am excited to finally start the first step. However, I want to make sure that I show the proper respect to the weapon. I don't want to be the person who scares everyone else on the range. Phone Post 3.0
If you dont mind; what'd ya pay?

($375) Phone Post 3.0
$325. He actually had someone else wanting to buy it at $500 but he had car issues and has to put it to his car. Since I know what he almost had, it feels like he is hooking me up Phone Post 3.0

Rough Bearing - 
VinnyTheChin - 
This Phone Post 3.0

I was at a buddies house and he brought over his little 10/22 that was done up all tactical. It looked like something straight out of Modern Warfare. 3 of us were raised around guns and there were 3 who had never really handled rifles at all. We were on the balcony having a smoke and one of the guys came out pointing the rifle at us like he was storming a building. I obviously knew he was playing around but holy fuck it was weird. I almost shit my pants because it was the last thing I was expecting. Anyone who has spent amount of time with a firearm knows you don't do that. We didn't get mad or anything but we definitely had a discussion on how you NEVER do that shit.

Wow, that sucks. I would of thrown him over the balcony, lol.

Some people just don't get it.

Rough Bearing -
VinnyTheChin - 
This Phone Post 3.0

That story made my skin crawl. Phone Post 3.0

Congrats man, be safe and have fun. But mostly remember to be safe. Guns are the coolest toys on earth as long as you keep calm and focus on not being a dummy. Phone Post 3.0

Panic, you still up north or around cincy again? I'm no expert but I own a few and could show you some basics--safety, cleaning, shooting, etc.

The biggest thing I see inexperienced people do is put their finger in the trigger or inside the trigger guard before they're ready to fire. Keep that finger up on the slide until it is time to fire.

RULE 1
ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

RULE 2
NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY
You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.

RULE 3
KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER TIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.

RULE 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.