Getting first handgun, HELP

Ok, so... With all the craziness of the world at this point, decided to go out and get a pistol to EDC. I've got shotguns and rifles for hunting, but only ever shot a pistol once. Got a range to get some practice, now just got to decide on what gun to get. So naturally, I come to the OG, cause who the fuck would know better than this fucking forum of Alphas lol.

Assume I know nothing, cause I know very little more than nothing. Do I go revolver or semi, whats best model to go with. Appreciate all the help and shittalk I can recieve ahead of time ya bunch of fuckers lol. Phone Post 3.0

Find a range that will let you shoot their guns and get the one you favor and are the best with Phone Post 3.0

YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW.

YOUR BEST OPTION IS TO HEAD TO A RANGE THAT RENTS GUNS AND TRY OUT A BUNCH OF THEM AND SEE WHAT YOU LIKE......SINGLE ACTION VS DOUBLE ACTION PISTOLS......WEIGHT.....SIZE.....THAT KIND OF THING.....JUST GETTING BRANDS THROWN AT YOU WON'T HELP YOU MUCH.

Amazing advice already. I like it. Phone Post 3.0

Look for something by Bryco or Jennings. Phone Post 3.0

Assuming you will carry concealed, think about WHERE you want to conceal it.

Most of the really comfortable IWB (inside waist band) holsters are rather bulky. Most will require that you loosen your belt a few notches, and many will take up so much room that you'll need larger waist-size pants.

For pocket carry, anything bigger than a Glock 43 is hard to disguise.

Go to a gun show. Check out the holster sellers, they will have plastic replicas of the popular pistols and you can test fit different pistols and holsters to find what you might like/hate.

Grizzly Patch Adams - Find a range that will let you shoot their guns and get the one you favor and are the best with Phone Post 3.0
Ok that's a good idea, should be a professional range somewhere out here I can do that at. Guess the only other thing, revolvers or semis make more sense? Always hearing horror stories about guns jamming, and folks only looking revolvers. Phone Post 3.0

BIGWHITESEXY - YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW.

YOUR BEST OPTION IS TO HEAD TO A RANGE THAT RENTS GUNS AND TRY OUT A BUNCH OF THEM AND SEE WHAT YOU LIKE......SINGLE ACTION VS DOUBLE ACTION PISTOLS......WEIGHT.....SIZE.....THAT KIND OF THING.....JUST GETTING BRANDS THROWN AT YOU WON'T HELP YOU MUCH.
GOT reference makes the advice 10X better ha-ha Phone Post 3.0

Pig Bun - Assuming you will carry concealed, think about WHERE you want to conceal it.

Most of the really comfortable IWB (inside waist band) holsters are rather bulky. Most will require that you loosen your belt a few notches, and many will take up so much room that you'll need larger waist-size pants.

For pocket carry, anything bigger than a Glock 43 is hard to disguise.

Go to a gun show. Check out the holster sellers, they will have plastic replicas of the popular pistols and you can test fit different pistols and holsters to find what you might like/hate.
I actually thought open carry would probably be my usual route, though I didn't think about all that if I decided to conceal. Already a big guy as is, so really don't need something jamming up into me all the time ha-ha Phone Post 3.0

loneking -
Grizzly Patch Adams - Find a range that will let you shoot their guns and get the one you favor and are the best with Phone Post 3.0
Ok that's a good idea, should be a professional range somewhere out here I can do that at. Guess the only other thing, revolvers or semis make more sense? Always hearing horror stories about guns jamming, and folks only looking revolvers. Phone Post 3.0
This is a question you will need to answer for yourself. For self-defense and E.D.C./C.C. I only go semi. Some people would call me a retard for that, some will agree with me. It's all about what works for you. Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like you should try a hammerless revolver in .357 magnum or .38 special. Phone Post 3.0

Grizzly Patch Adams -
loneking -
This is a question you will need to answer for yourself. For self-defense and E.D.C./C.C. I only go semi. Some people would call me a retard for that, some will agree with me. It's all about what works for you. Phone Post 3.0
Ok will do Phone Post 3.0

Stu Cazzo - Sounds like you should try a hammerless revolver in .357 magnum or .38 special. Phone Post 3.0
Why those? Phone Post 3.0

Never_rolled - When you are at the range try out a Glock 26. It's a little wider then the 43 but holds more rounds. I would consider either one. Phone Post 3.0
Ok I'll ask about them Phone Post 3.0

Glock 19 is fantastic. I carry it appendix almost everyday and its comfortable. Large magazine capacity and reliable. I use Corbon ammo for carry. Dont go cheap on a holster. Have fun trying out new firearms. If you get a Glock, get night sights installed. Stock sights on a Glock are not the best. Phone Post 3.0

loneking -
Stu Cazzo - Sounds like you should try a hammerless revolver in .357 magnum or .38 special. Phone Post 3.0
Why those? Phone Post 3.0
You want a revolver for conceal carry right?

A revolver that fires .357 magnum rounds (very powerful) will also fire .38 rounds (not as powerful but much cheaper).

I'm a pistol guy - my choice is the Sig P225-A1 in 9mm Phone Post 3.0

I carry a G19 appendix. Considering a g43 or 26 for days wearing t shirt and shorts Phone Post 3.0

UKLogHog77 - Glock 19 is fantastic. I carry it appendix almost everyday and its comfortable. Large magazine capacity and reliable. I use Corbon ammo for carry. Dont go cheap on a holster. Have fun trying out new firearms. If you get a Glock, get night sights installed. Stock sights on a Glock are not the best. Phone Post 3.0
You're not going to beat this advice. Phone Post 3.0

Smith and Wessom 500 magnum, is your best and only option

Just buy one. Its not going to be your only. You'll have five guns by the end of the year with 8 different holsters. Phone Post 3.0