Getting Old, Body Falling Apart

This getting old thing really sucks. Growing up I have no allergies. Get older and now I have season allergies to everything. Tore a tendon in my elbow and it refuses to heal for 2 years then have to have surgery 3 weeks ago. Go to help my FIL yesterday with a broken spindle on one of his tractors and roll my ankle in a hole. Felt like a sprain and wake up this morning to shooting pains in the side. Get X-ray this morning and I now have a broken ankle. WTF. Anyone else falling apart after you hit 40?

8 Likes

That’s a string of bad luck if I’ve ever heard one. Take your time recovering.

3 Likes

bro, judging by your screen name, you’re health problems aren’t due to your age…

2 Likes

Happened to me around 47 yo.

1 Like

I am 44.

1 Like

Thanks man. I am stuck in a walking boot for 4 weeks. Could be much worse I guess.

1 Like

I’m 70 … the fun is just beginning.

22 Likes

Im 47 with a 20 yo and 22 yo son. They try to wrestle and play fight with me all the time. While I know I could hurt them with fists or outwrestle them with strength and size I am really afraid of hurting myself.

One time I playfully swung at my son and my rotator was in serious pain for 3 days and lingering pain for 8 months after.

Now instead of playfighting and joking around, I have to end it quick and put them down and hold them there otherwise they will not respect me anymore and I will definitely hurt myself. The cubs want to overthrow the lion. I can tell its already happening and they are getting more confident. lol

Oh and don’t ask me to jump off a fucking curb either, I am completely aware of the fragility of my ankles. lol

5 Likes

You should get a taser.

2 Likes

You old pieces if shit

3 Likes

Fuck my ankles!!!

Dusty cracky creaking aching fucking roll masters. Eat a dick

1 Like

Amen to that. I have sprained my right ankle about a dozen times in basketball and football. This time it broke. Interesting part is that on the X-ray report, it stated that I has ossification showing that I had a break earlier. I guess one of those times I thought I just sprained it, I actually broke it. I almost didn’t go to get it looked at this time but the wife was up my ass to go in.

3 Likes

Wait.

Was it this board or another one where a guy talked about teaching his “cub” about sex by making the kid watch him fuck the kids mother?

It was a long long time ago and I can’t remember if it was on the OG or another site.

2 Likes

Welcome to the allergy club. I was outside as a kid/teen constantly, never had a single allergy issue.

Now, every weekend I’m outside working, I get allergies bad enough my eyes can start to swell. Don’t even know what it is from or care enough to check, but really annoying…

1 Like

Yes.

Vision is shot.

-Parathyroid surgery 1x
Hernia surgery 3x

Denervation surgery due to nerve pain 1 major surgery and 8 minor exploratory surgeries.

Arthritis

High glucose, now considered controlled diabetic

Arthroscopic left wrist still hurts. 1x

Multiple broken teeth

Septoplasty

All of this sucks.

1 Like

Omg yuck. That would make them gay I think.

2 Likes

50 next month
this sucks
rogans anti-aging doc david sinclair is makin me wanna try some new stuff

2 Likes

No not yet. Other than my receding hairline I feel exactly the same as I did when I was 20

1 Like

Same with me for allergies. Also can’t ride any spinny carnival rides like I used to with out feeling like I have to throw up.

2 Likes

62 here. My most recent disability is a trigger finger. Index finger is revolting against me. Have to wear a splint for 6 weeks.

The herniated disk in my neck I earned a few years back keeps popping up on my decrepitation radar too.

3 Likes