Getting Older and Training

Well apparently Elvis is dieting, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to distract him with a Snickers !!

:-)

Tank

hahahaha

I wish I could believe you wont eat it yourself well before the attempted ring drag in tank...

Ben

Well that was one of my least informative threads for a long time.

hahahaha

I was thinking that. It turned to crap fairly quickly didnt it. I cant help but feel midly responsible...

=)

Geez Ben, now your doing fat jokes at my expense.

You're an angry young man aren't you ?

Is all because I spelt your name wrong when I posted the last XFC results ?

Talk about holding a grudge, sheesh... Maybe a good forearm workout will help relieve some of your pent up aggression ?

:-)

Tank

Some people seem to think im an angry little man, but I tend to disagree. I think im more misunderstood than anything =)

nearly time for another workout... forearms are done after kickboxing training, otherwise my arms get tired and I get punched in the head more than usual.

Ben

I've tried to use the "misunderstood" defence in the past.

I found that neither (ex) girlfriends nor magistrates seem to go for it.

Next time I'm trying for insanity...

T

Tank do not tell the judge to look at the underground forum or you will get life in a mental institution.

Tank next time you want to try the insanity routin, most on here could be called to back up your claim.
If you need me to back it up in court could you try to make it on a weekend when a MMA show is on up there?

Ohh thats right thats just about every weekend. Just thought i'd bet you to it :(

To get back to the point, I am starting to taste the pain now I'm growing older... yes, training at 18 is hard going.

Just to try and get this thread back on track.........

As you get older recovery becomes more important than ever. I'd suggest re-starting some weight training, but no more than twice a week. Try a full body workout like squats, lunges, bent over rows, power clean & press, close grip bench and hammer curls. 2 sets each for the first month then up to 3 sets each. This hits a good balance between your current mat work and strength work that should still allow you to recover and therefore avoid injury).

Also Dutch, at your age it's best to be realistic ;-)

Stevo you're right, I should really call it a day and go and join the local Bowls club.

"Do you submit Grandma!! Tap damn you TAP!!"

I made my old man submit at a Mental as Anything concert on the weekend :P 50 years old, but he's still a powerhouse. But even powerhouses must submit to the deadly Ezekiel.

I feel guilty about doing it now :(

Ezekiel?

You should have done something better than that. Im sure many people like them, but im not a fan.

One night I dreamed that I tapped out my instructor. When I woke up I had my wife in a neck crank / arm bar combo.