Getting Physical During Staredowns . Not anymore!

2 Likes
1 Like

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is taking a hardline stance against fighters who insist on pushing and shoving during the pre-fight staredowns, probably because Jeremy Stephens gave Drakkar Klose a concussion and ruined it for everyone else.

“They just told us at weigh ins that if we touch our opponent at ceremonial weigh ins for any thing other than a fist bump, or a handshake, or high five, we will be pulled from the card, suspended, and fined,” UFC flyweight Lauren Murphy wrote on Twitter.
Murphy (14-4), who quietly put together four straight wins over the last two years, hit the scale on Friday morning for her Joanne Calderwood fight, which takes place this Sat. evening (June 12, 2021) inside Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona.

I’m sure the promotion would have no problem making an example out of Murphy or some other fighter lower on the card … but does anyone believe Israel Adesanya would get yanked from the UFC 263 headliner for shoving Marvin Vettori?

tea

although it could be deemed assault in some states

A) they won’t cancel a big fight.

B) it’s dumb to me that this is needed. Why you picking a fight? In 24 hours, you get what you want. If this causes your opponent to be scared, he was already broken

4 Likes

Here’s the shove that caused whiplash and a concussion.

The stare down physicality is a great marketing tool to help drive PPV buys. Boxing knows this and so does MMA.

1 Like

Indeed. How do you get this but without the injuries and other bad side stuff. Otherwise they’d keep it for sure.

I was watching embedded 5 and Moreno was shoved at the presser. Will Fig get fined now?

tee

Holly holm vs Ronda was one of the best. Ronda thought she was gonna do her little storm over and get in their face act and holly was one step ahead and made her rage on the spot, rage on social media and then get knocked the fuck out.

2 Likes

Drakkar looks a little big to be a newborn. LOL @ getting a concussion from that. Maybe he should reconsider fighting as his sport of choice.

1 Like

I dont remember ronda laying a hand on her at the face offs.

You just wanna talk some shit about ronda like a fucking loser.

1 Like

How was this not already a rule?

Also, no fuckin way that guy got a fucking concussion from being shoved. Fucking pussy.

1 Like

Used to occur to sell hype
Now its a misdemeanor
UFC doing their political part

2 Likes