Getting Racists Fired Tumblr

In a 2014 kinda world, you’d think people would have learned by now that being racist on the internet where it can be clearly documented isn’t the smartest move ever. Remember Justine Sacco?

In a 2014 kinda world, you'd think people would have learned by now that being racist on the internet where it can be clearly documented isn't the smartest move ever. Remember Justine Sacco?

She learned the hard way that offensive tweets can get you fired when she tweeted the following:

She learned the hard way that offensive tweets can get you fired when she tweeted the following:
Twitter

Social media responded swiftly and got Justine fired while she was on a 12 hour flight from London to Capetown. It gave the internet a taste of blood. And now, in its wake, is the internet’s own version of Jaws 2.

Racists Getting Fired is a new Tumblr devoted to documenting racists who’ve been fired for their offensive comments on social media AND for tracking down the employment information of people still earning a paycheck.

Racists Getting Fired is a new Tumblr devoted to documenting racists who've been fired for their offensive comments on social media AND for tracking down the employment information of people still earning a paycheck.

Like this person who dared the “haters” to come at him for expressing his opinion.

Like this person who dared the

He changed his tune swiftly.

He changed his tune swiftly.

The Tumblr community went after this girl who probably shouldn’t have been THIS honest on Instagram.

The tumblr has offered tips from other users on how to get racists fired.

There’s even a FAQ for people who want to submit racists to the tumblr.

There's even a FAQ for people who want to submit racists to the tumblr.

Moral of the story: Tumblr is always watching.

There's A New Tumblr Devoted To Getting Racists Fired

Here is the link: http://racistsgettingfired.tumblr.com

I sincerely hope those fat lesbian vegans are all eaten by a gang of serial killers. 

Morons getting fired would also be an accurate title. Phone Post 3.0

A lot of the ones they are posting are not even racist, just making fun of protestors, like this one:

makinganewurl:

CENCORED VERSION FOR THOSE WHO DONT WANT TO REBLOG THE ORIGINAL POST FOR VALID REASONS I ACCIDENTLY OVERLOOKED

PAUL HOLSEY HAMILTON ONTARIO SKINHEAD

FACEBOOK

WORKS AT:

ArcelorMittal Dofasco

1. Address: 1330 Burlington St E, Hamilton, ON L8N 3J5

Phone:(905) 548-7200

Being racist is worse then being a rapist or kid toucher. Saying something that someone else deems racist should get you fired from your job and hopefully locked up behind bars. Phone Post 3.0

BBC_Fighting - Being racist is worse then being a rapist or kid toucher. Saying something that someone else deems racist should get you fired from your job and hopefully locked up behind bars. Phone Post 3.0

seriously?

Man I'm really conflicted on this...

First off - there's a difference between being some racist douche who sits on social media dropping the N word and saying all _______ people are ______ and making jokes about looters. Looters should be fair game since their terrorizing businesses and all. Is it ok to make fun of white looters? What about child milestones? Are we defending criminals now?

Then you have the issue of- even if someone is racist, should they really lose their job? I'm not saying it's ok to go around being a hateful fuck, but everyone with a shitty opinion losing the ability to provide for their family doesn't really solve anything.

Then, there's the issue of people scrolling through social media like they are the fucking Internet police. Get a grip. Some people are assholes. Move on.

Lastly, jokes are jokes. Something is the butt of every joke. If you don't find it funny, move on. In the words of Anthony Jeselnek (my favorite comedian) "people who get mad over a joke are fucking stupid".

So yeah. Phone Post 3.0

This is a disgrace. Going after people's livelihood over Internet posts are lame. Unless they are working in a position that requires the public trust, you should be safe to say whatever you want. Phone Post 3.0

BBC_Fighting - Being racist is worse then being a rapist or kid toucher. Saying something that someone else deems racist should get you fired from your job and hopefully locked up behind bars. Phone Post 3.0
I think getting people fired for being racist is going too far but do you seriously think if someone went on Facebook talking about how they touch kids they wouldn't be fired? Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck - This is a disgrace. Going after people's livelihood over Internet posts are lame. Unless they are working in a position that requires the public trust, you should be safe to say whatever you want. Phone Post 3.0
Say it in the comfort of your home in private....social media isnt private..idk how long will it take dumbasses to figure this shit out Phone Post 3.0

Dirty Dick Slater -
BBC_Fighting - Being racist is worse then being a rapist or kid toucher. Saying something that someone else deems racist should get you fired from your job and hopefully locked up behind bars. Phone Post 3.0

seriously?
Fuck no. It's retarded. Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck - This is a disgrace. Going after people's livelihood over Internet posts are lame. Unless they are working in a position that requires the public trust, you should be safe to say whatever you want. Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

I don't really get why you'd get someone fired or why someone would even get fired for crap they put on the Internet.

I don't know a lot about social media, but I do know you can just unfollow whomever is being so offensive. Stop listening.

All these attitudes have always been there. Those are things that would've been said around the table having drinks back in the day.

Now the dummies are just saying it on the Internet. I get that they're wrong and I support shunning them, but their jobs?

Just ignore the idiots.

Someone also made a good point about the crazies patrolling the Internet for any little fuck ups. What's with that? Those folks would have a HAYDAY with the OG by the way.

It's getting a little too Orwellian with the whole punishing people for their stupid opinions. Too much thought police.

PS. How do people find out where they work in the first place?? Phone Post 3.0

Just say "no race-o" & you're good, no?

Thought crime, just like Orwell predicted.... Phone Post 3.0

Horus2001 - Thought crime, just like Orwell predicted.... Phone Post 3.0

This

The people who report the racists are lower than the racist themselves.  Lower than snake piss.

Ruining someone's life is the best way to make them agree with you.

I'd rather strap them down like Alex DeLarge and make them watch Remember The Titans. At least afterwords we can all be bros.

This notion that people who harbor hateful thoughts need physical violence as a remedy really isn't helpful. Those thoughts got there somehow. How about working on getting them out?

Horus2001 - Thought crime, just like Orwell predicted.... Phone Post 3.0
Speech crime, imo. Phone Post 3.0