Getting the last few pounds off...

I probably sound like a girl but this has me a little frustrated...

Right now I am in good shape by my standards... pretty much where I want to be. 6' and 180 lbs. I workout regularly including cardio a few times a week and eat well. My diet is not very strict (sensible meals, salads, etc) but I have completely cut soda, sweets, ice cream, and most other junkfood out which is more than I thought I'd ever be willing to do.

So I need to get just a few more pounds off of my stomach to really be where I would like, but its a real bitch for me to get below 180. Upping my workouts a little bit doesn't really do it. Any tips for doing this without dramtically increasing my workouts, which is what it seems like I need to do?

Does genetics play any part in this situation?

You're looking at it all wrong.

You don't need to lose weight, you need to reduce bodyfat.

Go ahead and put on some muscle.

"Any tips for doing this without dramtically increasing my
workouts, which is what it seems like I need to do? "

More is not necessarily better.
What exactly does your workout look like? What kind of cardio do
you do? Have you tried HIIT? You say you eat well but maybe you
are eating just a little too many calories?

I will do some weightlifting 2-3 times a week and cardio 2-3 times a week, maybe 30 minutes... usually running or a workout on the heavybag.

I have not tried HIIT. What exactly is it?

As far as the calories thing... yeah that's a possibility. I guess it's a question of how strict to I want to be with eating... like I said I've already stopped eating a lot of things I never thought I would.

I mean I can accept stricter diet as an answer if that is really the only one... I just don't know if I'll do it.

http://www.trainforstrength.com/Endurance1.shtml is a good place to learn about HIIT.

Baz

Sargent, Baz already posted the link to Taku's HIIT program.
Check this forum for threads about Taku or Tabata and you'll get
more ideas for your cardio.

At this point what you want to do is shock your body. When you
reach a plateau it's always good to shake things up a bit. HIIT will
help you with that.

It's probably not really necessary to eat a stricter diet. Just make
sure you eat a decent amount of protein.

What exactly do you do on your weighttraining days? When was
the last time you changed your workout?

Stripper diet. Cocaine and booze and nothing else for two weeks. You see your abs, guaranteed.