Getting to Know...Tim Sylvia

http://mmafighting.com/gettingtoknow/timsylvia.html

Let me know what you guys think. Anyone else really excited about Sylvia vs. Arlovski?

great job, i like the site!!!!

"1) WHICH CDs ARE MOST OFTEN IN YOUR CD PLAYER?

It would be country music for sure. I listen to guys like Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney.

2) WHAT DVDs HAVE YOU PURCHASED LATELY?

The Program. I watched that movie before every football game back when I used to play.

3) ON A SCALE OF 1 to 10, RATE YOUR COOKING ABILITIES

TS: A nine.

MA: Oh my. I’ve never heard a fighter rate themselves above a 3!

TS: Haha, well I’m an awesome cook.

4) DID YOU IMAGINE YOURSELF DOING WHAT YOU’RE DOING NOW?

TS: No, definitely not. I thought I was going to be some kind of manual laborer.

MA: What happened to change that?

TS: My training kept getting better. I met the right people and things took off from there.

MA: I heard you met Pat Miletich at a show. He took one look at you and said, “hey, you’re a really big guy. Why don’t you come try training with us?”

TS: Yes, that’s pretty much exactly what happened.

MA: How long have you been with Miletich now?

TS: About 5 years.

5) FAVOURITE SPORT/HOBBY ASIDE FROM MMA?

I love to hunt. Turkey, pheasant, deer, basically whatever I’m allowed to shoot. I also love watching football.

6) WHAT TIME DO YOU GO TO BED AT NIGHT?

TS: 10pm

MA: Wow. That’s kind of early isn’t it? Are you a morning guy?

TS: Ya I’m up at 8am every morning to train.

MA: That’s still 10 hours.

TS: Hey, I like my sleep (chuckling).

7) FAVOURITE ALCOHOL?

I’m not a drinker. If I ever do drink I’d have one of those frozen type drinks you find in Hawaii.

8) WHAT WAS THE FIRST NICK NAME ANYONE EVER GAVE YOU?

“Superman”. I don’t know exactly why but that’s what people used to call me when I worked in grocery.

9) IF YOU COULD HAVE A 10 MINUTE CONVERSATION WITH ANY HISTORICAL OR PRESENT FIGURE WHO WOULD IT BE?

It would be Bruce Lee for sure. He was an awesome martial arts guy. I loved his movies and the documentaries.

10) WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE HOTTEST CELEBRITY IN HOLLYWOOD?

TS: Hmmm, Pamela Lee first comes to mind but that Hepatitis C stuff was a turn off (both of us laughing). Now, I guess I’d have to go with Jessica Simpson."

ttt

http://mmafighting.com/gettingtoknow/timsylvia.html

Tim was awesome when I met him at UFC 50.He was joking around and cool as hell.He is an imposing figure when you take a picture with him though..lol.He puts his fist right next to your head and it scared the hell out of me considering how hard that guy can hit...lol.

Tim always hangs out and signs stuff, takes pics with fans etc. Seems like a very down to earth guy.

Nice interview!

Glad you guys like the interview. Tim always makes time for his fans. He's a stand up guy. I can't wait to see him fight Arlovski. I like both guys and really have no preference in who I'd like to see win.

TTT