Ghost Hunters Destroy 160-Year-Old Building

Ghost Hunters Destroy 160-Year-Old Historic Building

louisiana fire

The seven men in custody in connection with the suspected arson of LeBeau Plantation in Old Arabi apparently were looking for ghosts, according to St. Bernard Parish Sheriff Jimmy Pohlmann. The sheriff said the men had been smoking marijuana and drinking in the vacant house.

One of the men is from Arabi, one is from Gretna, and the others are from Texas, the sheriff said.

The men, between the ages of 17 and 31, arrived at the home late Thursday night, likely entering through a gap in the fence around the property that had been cut out by other curious trespassers over the years, according to Col. John Doran, who oversees the Sheriff's Office's criminal enforcement.

"They had been looking for ghosts, trying to summon spirits, beating on the floors," Doran said.

lebeau-plantation-march2013.jpg

"We all heard the ghost stories while growing up," Pohlmann said. "In combination with smoking dope in there, it appears it was intriguing to them."

Doran said the men appear to have become frustrated when no ghosts materialized. Police believe that in a haze of alcohol and marijuana, one of them decided to burn the place to the ground.

Doran said the ringleader seemed to be Dusten Davenport, 31, of Fort Worth, Texas, who is suspected of having the idea to start the fire, and who began stacking up pieces of wood.

The LeBeau Plantation ignited Friday about 2 a.m., according to Fire Chief Thomas Stone. The landmark, at Bienvenue and Lebeau streets, was built in the 1850s and was one of the largest plantations south of New Orleans.

Davenport, along with Joshua Allen, 21; Joshua Briscoe, 20; Jerry Hamblen, 17; and Joseph Landin, 20, all of Grand Prairie, Texas, were arrested on Friday on charges of arson, simple burglary and criminal damage worth more than $50,000, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Kevin Barbe, 20, of Arabi, was arrested on charges of accessory to arson and criminal trespassing. Bryon Meek, 29, of Gretna, was arrested on a charge of accessory to arson.

lebeau-arson-suspects.jpg

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/11/seven_people_in_custody_for_le.html

Lol at "In combination with smoking dope" also, every one of them looks more than a little retarded. Phone Post 3.0

easedel -
The Lysine Contingency - Lol at "In combination with smoking dope" also, every one of them looks more than a little retarded. Phone Post 3.0

See what dope does to you!
Lol.. they were in a haze of dope and alcohol and downs syndrome Phone Post 3.0

Idiots

Now they are all possessed. Phone Post 3.0

Dear God, what a bunch of squares. Phone Post 3.0

For all we know they may have saved the world from a catastrophic supernatural event. These men should be praised not condemned. Phone Post 3.0

Any decent lawyer should be able to get a couple of those guys off with the "judge, clearly you can see my client is a retard " defense.

I think there mothers and fathers are brothers and sisters Phone Post 3.0

Ghostbusters!! Phone Post 3.0

They walked in and all the ghosts are like "fuck... It's those hillbillys again, maybe if we just stay quite they'll leave." Phone Post 3.0

lol, these guys are idiots, but, I don't see how an abandoned, condemned, and rotting Slave-Owners house is historical. Sounds to me like those idiots did everyone a favor. Phone Post

Texas Top Team - lol, these guys are idiots, but, I don't see how an abandoned, condemned, and rotting Slave-Owners house is historical. Sounds to me like those idiots did everyone a favor. Phone Post
It wasn't exactly polite to the ghosts. Phone Post 3.0

Joe Rogan was right...

Unfuckable white guys...

I'm totally using that retard as my profile pic.

As a non-American it's always fascinating to see the difference between how real Americans look and how Americans look in Hollywood movies.

There's some interesting specimens there.

The second pic makes it look like that house from left 4 dead 2.
Maybe that retarded looking fellow threw a molotov at what he thought was a horde of zombies in his state of doped up psychosis. Phone Post

Arrest us for arson? Well we can just put this ghost right back, can't we Josh?

We sure can Kev.

Wait wait! Alright fine. Phone Post 3.0

Adulterous_Zucchini - 
Theory of Everything - 
Adulterous_Zucchini -
HULC - As a non-American it's always fascinating to see the difference between how real Americans look and how Americans look in Hollywood movies.

I hope you're not suggesting those are typical-looking Americans.
They're not fat enough. Phone Post 3.0

If anything, they look like stereotypical UKers.

UKers?? Words of a genius right there...

HULC -
Adulterous_Zucchini - 
Theory of Everything - 
Adulterous_Zucchini -
HULC - As a non-American it's always fascinating to see the difference between how real Americans look and how Americans look in Hollywood movies.

I hope you're not suggesting those are typical-looking Americans.
They're not fat enough. Phone Post 3.0

If anything, they look like stereotypical UKers.

UKers?? Words of a genius right there...
Who you callin' genius, United Kingdomer? Phone Post 3.0