Gi color

Does your gym/instructor have a preference? Do you have a preference? why?

I have heard many reasons why certain instructors prefer white gis. Cleanliness, tradition and being able to see rank among the reasons for white.

the traditional bjj colors are white, blue and black. navy has made its way into the market quietly but there are crazy colors like red, yellow, green, camo and even tie dyed.

what's your preference and why?

I like dark gis. White gis get too dirty at my gym. Phone Post 3.0

I like the individual expression that comes from wearing whatever gi my students like. Phone Post 3.0

Black hides the blood Phone Post 3.0

CAMO!!! Phone Post 3.0

White! Phone Post 3.0

White, Blue or Black. And I never mix n match tops and pants. Phone Post

i like white myself...the place i train is cool with whatever,there are some pretty crazy gi colors out there

the place i train judo seemed at first pretty strict,with lining up and bowing and things like that,either a white or blue gi-then one day a girl came to class wearing a sleeveless black gi with some japanese characters on the front and back,and i was the only one that found it hilarious,so i guess anything goes there as well haha

I wise man once told me, "wear white, it makes it look like you work harder"
So I follow that rule Phone Post 3.0

We only need a white gi for seminar purposes at my school, but we haven't seen any crazy colors yet, just white, blue, and black Phone Post 3.0

Gi colors that draw attention are kind of ridiculous in my opinion, unless of course you are someone deserving of attention in the BJJ world.

aaronlapoi - Gi colors that draw attention are kind of ridiculous in my opinion, unless of course you are someone deserving of attention in the BJJ world.

I sorrt of agree.  I'm starting to see some gray show up at our place.

I like white mostly, but I have some other colored gis. I mix and match pants with tops, but because I really like my blue keiko pants and my white koral top.

I have both but when you get several (like over 5) gi, you need to coordinate colors for laundry. It doesnt make sense to have 5 whites and 1 color because you wouldnt be able to get all 5 whites in the same load. So I balance the white gi/colored gi that I own. I have 3 or 4 of each

I like black. Looks "cleaner" white gets dirty quick. I also wear a white gi now and again.

My school only wants you to add a team patch, which I think is kinda stupid outside of competition purposes Phone Post 3.0

Pride Wanderlei - I like black. Looks "cleaner" white gets dirty quick. I also wear a white gi now and again.

My school only wants you to add a team patch, which I think is kinda stupid outside of competition purposes Phone Post 3.0
Note- I understand where they are coming from. Phone Post 3.0

I Rock blue because white turns grey in a month. Phone Post 3.0

I pretty much always wear some mix of white, blue, and black.  

twinkletoesCT - 

I pretty much always wear some mix of white, blue, and black.  

I remember :)

Touche  ;)