Giant Silva a pointless MMA addition

Was watching some old PRIDE events and Giant Silva is potentially the most pointless fighter in MMA history, I actually got angry at how poor of a fighter he was and how shabby his technique was,

Was anyone actually a fan of this guy?

Yes, yes I was a fan. Phone Post

The freak-show matches in Pride helped pay the bills, and that led to more money and viewership for the great competitive matches they put on. And Silva was a good guy as I recall, with a compelling story. Read up on him, maybe he'll change your mind. Also, if he bothered you regarding his talent, blame the organization. He came from poverty, I believe. I love Pride, but you could watch 100 matches and a lot had garbage competition. Look at older UFC's. They were pioneers, and the sport is still pretty young. And he gave Herring some trouble in his very first fight, no?

Haole - 
blackhundred - The freak-show matches in Pride helped pay the bills, and that led to more money and viewership for the great competitive matches they put on.

Are you trying to justify them holding fights involving people with serious medical conditions?

Jesus, you could use the same harebrained excuse for cripple fights

Organizations still do to a point, and my intention was to point out that his skill level was never really the consideration.

blackhundred - The freak-show matches in Pride helped pay the bills, and that led to more money and viewership for the great competitive matches they put on. And Silva was a good guy as I recall, with a compelling story. Read up on him, maybe he'll change your mind. Also, if he bothered you regarding his talent, blame the organization. He came from poverty, I believe. I love Pride, but you could watch 100 matches and a lot had garbage competition. Look at older UFC's. They were pioneers, and the sport is still pretty young. And he gave Herring some trouble in his very first fight, no?

wouldnt say he gave him any trouble, slapped him once on the back of the head and that was about it, Not blaming Silva himself as the money he got for loosing multiple times was probably well worth it, but the amount of fighters with talent then watching fighters like Silva must have been somewhat heart breaking

Haole - 
blackhundred - The freak-show matches in Pride helped pay the bills, and that led to more money and viewership for the great competitive matches they put on.

Are you trying to justify them holding fights involving people with serious medical conditions?

Jesus, you could use the same harebrained excuse for cripple fights

Don't be ridiculous. The gigantism he had isn't the kind of condition that is going to put him in any more danger in a fight.

Should he not ahve been allowed to play olympic basketball either?

32m - I'll never be a big fan of Silva.

1) Busted for roids.

2) Mainly size...but I admit he's now got some striking and BB in BJJ, but still not great technique.

3) He's 31. He'll never be an all time great.

Giant Silva != Bigfoot Silva.

1) Busted for roids.

2) Mainly size...but I admit he's now got some striking and BB in BJJ, but still not great technique.

This thread is not about Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva. It's about Paulo Cesar 'Giant' da Silva.

We're talking about this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Silva

BTW, I support Giant Silva's MMA career if for no other reason than it inspired this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrLVRkqNoc&feature=related

edited to include link to the longer version of the video

Im a fan of bigfoot hes got genuine skills and gave Fedor his first legit loss in 10 years in my eyes, the difference in skill between Bigfoot and Giant should be obvious enough

Steve4192 - BTW, I support Giant Silva's MMA career if for no other reason than it inspired this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-23nev5A3ig

A highlight of a 'legend' that lasts a minute and a half and has no fighting what so ever in it, epic

blackhundred - And he gave Herring some trouble in his very first fight, no?

Uhhh ... no.

The only trouble Heath had in that fight was figuring out how to get inside the reach of the big lummox. Heath took his own sweet time winning the fight, but Silva never landed anything of consequence.

Justinmacd - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrLVRkqNoc&feature=related

great video

1) Busted for roids.

In typical tener fashion.

Anti JR - ALL SILVA PRIDE GP? Who wins?

Giant Silva vs Wand Silva

Anderson Silva vs Bigfoot Silva

Thiago Silva vs Assurio Silva

Thiago Silva via radioactive pee

Steve4192 - 
Anti JR - ALL SILVA PRIDE GP? Who wins?

Giant Silva vs Wand Silva

Anderson Silva vs Bigfoot Silva

Thiago Silva vs Assurio Silva

Thiago Silva via radioactive pee

1) Busted for roids.

lol

1) Busted for roids.

wow.
just noobified yourself.

OP bite ur tongue that’s one of Fedors esteemed wins!