Gilbert Melendez vs Diego Sanchez

Fight to be confirmed for later in the year.
I predict it will be the match of the year and that Gilbert Melendez wins the decision.

What say you? Phone Post

stupid fucking fight

Source?

Not sure how I feel about this fight.

Why set this up? Because they're both Latino? Phone Post 3.0

Does this fight even make sense? I mean is Sanchez even in a top 15 at LW? I honestly don't know, haven't checked his standing, but he just had one fight with Gomi since his return, and IMO he looked fucking horrible. Phone Post 3.0

should be gil vs pettis for a title shot. this sanchez fight should be a decent scrap though, melendez by UD.

Thought Gomi won the last fight. I think Gil finishes Diego. Phone Post 3.0

Gil by standing   guilliotine  , rd 2

Logan Stantons finger - Source?

becuase they are both exciting wrestlers who bang, I cant wait for this fight Phone Post

jmont -

becuase they are both exciting wrestlers who bang, I cant wait for this fight Phone Post

I like to bang....

But seriously. Pettis vs Melendez makes more sense. Phone Post 3.0

Logan Stantons finger -
jmont -

I like to bang....

But seriously. Pettis vs Melendez makes more sense. Phone Post 3.0

ya true actually lol I still am excited for this fight tho Phone Post

It's a fight to showcase Melendez. Gonna be an exciting fight and Gil should take it no problem, which builds his stock and then they can match him up against anyone and people would be excited Phone Post

In the walkout words of Diego Sanchez.
"YES!!" Phone Post 3.0

Cheatachue - Thought Gomi won the last fight. I think Gil finishes Diego. Phone Post 3.0

Lol noone finishes Diego Phone Post

Diego has never had an impressive performance at LW and his only fight at that weight in years was a controversial decision over Gomi who is not ranked himself. For some reason he's fighting a top 5 guy who just fought for the title.

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Does this fight even make sense? I mean is Sanchez even in a top 15 at LW? I honestly don't know, haven't checked his standing, but he just had one fight with Gomi since his return, and IMO he looked fucking horrible. Phone Post 3.0
He lost!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Because Sanchez talked mad shit on the Diaz brothers. Phone Post 3.0

Zed Wayne Zed - Diego's got a huge name.

Arguably, Diego's got a bigger name than the current LW champ, B. Henderson.

So, if the UFC is trying to build up Gil, as they need Chicano/Mexican fighters to headline the forthcoming Mexican cards, then this is a good idea.

The TUF 1 guys still resonate with the people who have left the rafters of UFC fandom.

I disagree. I think the tuf1 guys carried a name up until a few years ago. After they brought in the pride roster and more recently the strikeforce roster, guys like Sanchez and Kos just aren't as relevant. We are seeing their skills diminish as they get older and the younger talent continue to progress in the sport. Phone Post

Gil by whatever he wants. He is more complete and much better in every aspect. IMO Phone Post 3.0

Kind of depends on what Diego Sanchez shows up. If it's the nightmare I wouldn't count him out Phone Post

The Brool Story Company -

stupid fucking fight

This Phone Post 3.0