Gina Carano done with fighting?

Apparently Gina Carano just landed another role in a movie called deadpool, I know there was talk of a come back with a possible fight with Ronda Rousey but is that pretty much dead now? I was so looking forward to her again.

Nice, she's going to be in Deadpool? Yeah it was pretty much just a publicity stunt on both ends. Phone Post 3.0

Seats Taken - Nice, she's going to be in Deadpool? Yeah it was pretty much just a publicity stunt on both ends. Phone Post 3.0

opposite Ryan Reynolds as the main chica. 

On a personal level, it seems like she didn't like the way it ended last time and still felt she had something to prove, thus why she briefly tried to come back in Strikeforce. She's also trained off and on at Xtreme Couture and Team Oyama, among other places, and as recently as the last three months.

I know she had a lot of trouble making 140 in EliteXC, but she's never actually had a full training camp for a fight. I do think 135 is a totally realistic goal. If she wanted to come back and fight, a fight against Rousey has shown to be a non-starter. She would need an opponent who's both beatable, and highly marketable should Gina lose. Holly Holm is not unreasonable, and would be the biggest fight possible that didn't involve Ronda, Cyborg, or Miesha Tate. It would be a bit of a freakshow fight considering Carano's period of absence, but with no title on the line that's not nearly as big a deal and it wouldn't shock the world if Carano won.

However, I wouldn't hold my breath.

PICS????

U cant start a Gina thread without pics. Phone Post 3.0

I think she's done after such a long layoff and with all the other work she's getting elsewhere there doesn't seem to be a reason for her to return, Phone Post 3.0

Make 6 figures for a few hours of work or 200k to get your arm broken

What would you pick? Phone Post 3.0

Can't see her coming back myself Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th - Make 6 figures for a few hours of work or 200k to get your arm broken

What would you pick? Phone Post 3.0

Do you think 200k for a few hours is reasonable? If I only had Dana White money.

She will be 33 in April, I can't see her having to much time left.

waiting for ufc to make a 185 pound weight class for women

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Gina+Carano+Premiere+Relativity+Media+Haywire+O1R7-T05eCQl.jpghttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/07/26/sports/26secondsA-normal.jpghttp://i3.ytimg.com/vi/VFXCUJ6pW5g/mqdefault.jpg

she's been done since the Cyborg fight, people just want to cling on to hope. IF she really wanted back in she would be doing so, she in actuality doesn't and there is NOTHING wrong w that.

Hunter V - she's been done since the Cyborg fight, people just want to cling on to hope. IF she really wanted back in she would be doing so, she in actuality doesn't and there is NOTHING wrong w that.

F cybrog took this poor girl's heart and will to fight. I think she would have beat ronda, cybrog cheated. cyborg isnt even a real woman but she caused us to lose the most skilled woman fighter out there.

A strong showing in Deadpool could lead to an Angel Dust spin-off for her in the larger X-Men universe and turn her into a huge star.

Between potentially establishing yourself as an A-lister or coming back to put Ronda over, it's not hard to guess which choice is probably more lucrative and more of a priority for her.

her fat ass will never take off in Hollywood

ranier wolfcastle - 

waiting for ufc to make a 185 pound weight class for women

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Gina+Carano+Premiere+Relativity+Media+Haywire+O1R7-T05eCQl.jpghttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/07/26/sports/26secondsA-normal.jpghttp://i3.ytimg.com/vi/VFXCUJ6pW5g/mqdefault.jpg

Are those real or photoshopped?

Is still hit it Phone Post 3.0

Notice that it's never Gina that talks about her coming back to MMA. It's always a source or someone else. Like someone already said if Gina really wanted back then she'd be back. It's not like she can't do both. I know Ronda only has small movie roles so far but has been able to do both. If Gina is not the champ then she could easily take a fight here and there once in awhile. Phone Post 3.0

underthebag - 
Hunter V - she's been done since the Cyborg fight, people just want to cling on to hope. IF she really wanted back in she would be doing so, she in actuality doesn't and there is NOTHING wrong w that.

F cybrog took this poor girl's heart and will to fight. I think she would have beat ronda, cybrog cheated. cyborg isnt even a real woman but she caused us to lose the most skilled woman fighter out there.

honestly I don't think she would have beaten Ronda at all, if fact I would say Ronda would have finished her by rd3 for the following:

1) Gina couldn't even bother making weight for fights and got away w it. Ronda came from judo where if you aren't on weight you are out, no exceptions. As a result that makes you a harder worker and Gina had a bad work ethic (zero excuses, she was notorious for not making weight so this isn't even debatable).

2) You are defined by what you do in the face of adversity. Cyborg was first and only woman she fought that was her own size and when beaten, she never came back. Forget her being in B movies in Hollywood, the fact is that fight was a wakeup call when someone w a strong will wouldn't back down to her. She isn't mentally strong enough to be elite as again she could have used this as a spark to re-dedicate herself to her craft and we see how that hasn't happened.

Hell she is a gorgeous woman who can make a good career in Hollywood living off of the modern WMMA wave since she was the first covergirl. She used fighting to parlay into a potentially comfy career and that is a sweet ass deal. She should worry about getting paid and set herself up for a comfy life instead, her fighting days are well beyond done and people need to accept that. Jordan is closer to coming back and playing for the Bulls then she is ever fighting professionally again.

Hunter V - 
underthebag - 

honestly I don't think she would have beaten Ronda at all, if fact I would say Ronda would have finished her by rd3 for the following:

1) Gina couldn't even bother making weight for fights and got away w it. Ronda came from judo where if you aren't on weight you are out, no exceptions. As a result that makes you a harder worker and Gina had a bad work ethic (zero excuses, she was notorious for not making weight so this isn't even debatable).

2) You are defined by what you do in the face of adversity. Cyborg was first and only woman she fought that was her own size and when beaten, she never came back. Forget her being in B movies in Hollywood, the fact is that fight was a wakeup call when someone w a strong will wouldn't back down to her. She isn't mentally strong enough to be elite as again she could have used this as a spark to re-dedicate herself to her craft and we see how that hasn't happened.

Hell she is a gorgeous woman who can make a good career in Hollywood living off of the modern WMMA wave since she was the first covergirl. She used fighting to parlay into a potentially comfy career and that is a sweet ass deal. She should worry about getting paid and set herself up for a comfy life instead, her fighting days are well beyond done and people need to accept that. Jordan is closer to coming back and playing for the Bulls then she is ever fighting professionally again.

you cant flame gina for missing weight lmao she is heavy. It's not her fault 145 was the only real division in women's at the time.

A wake up call no she got into a fight with a human who has more Testosterone then me. She fraught something that wasn't quite a woman. a woman taking roid's is even worst then a man some men have natural high T women don't.

Cybrog would smash ronda to pieces she isn't a regular woman but like i said who cares. ronda isnt the best fighter at 135 she is the best WOMAN fighter at 135.

underthebag -
Hunter V - 
underthebag - 

you cant flame gina for missing weight lmao she is heavy. It's not her fault 145 was the only real division in women's at the time.

A wake up call no she got into a fight with a human who has more Testosterone then me. She fraught something that wasn't quite a woman. a woman taking roid's is even worst then a man some men have natural high T women don't.

Cybrog would smash ronda to pieces she isn't a regular woman but like i said who cares. ronda isnt the best fighter at 135 she is the best WOMAN fighter at 135.
What makes you think Gina "smashes Ronda to pieces" besides you being an obvious Gina mark? Also, Justino isn't the first woman to piss hot so let's calm down on the hyperbole. Phone Post 3.0