Give Aldo his respect, and relax about Connor plz

Im tired of reading the mindless Mcgregor fans on here who vote anybody down who doesnt call Mcgregor the almighty lord of mma

calling Aldo a pussy and acting like he hasnt been dominating everybody for 10 years, acting like anybody who thinks he will beat Connor is an idiot and all this shit.

Im a fan of Mcgregor, the dude is entertaining as all hell, ill say right now him winning against Chad was one of the most excited ive ever been after a fight, but the response from people and the talk on the UG is fucking crazy

I expect there to be a new wave of ignorant fans but to have so many people who have been around this sport for so long be such mindless haters shocks me.

There is nothing wrong with picking Connor to win, or wanting him to win

but stop acting like Aldo is no threat and like he is some bum who is challenging Mcgregor, because Mcgregor is the one who is stepping into the cage with a fucking lion, He is the one who has to prove himself, Aldo is already top 3 p4p all time, could we please act like it?

Could we please have an educated discussion about Connor without being fucking bombarded with vd's and hate because someone said something negative about his style? Like, fucking seriously. The majority of people on this site it seems wont let anybody say anything negative about the dude Phone Post 3.0

btfos - Whos calling Aldo a pussy? I want to see specific examples citied. I find your generalizations of all Conor fans with no examples or any kind of evidence offensive. It lessens your position, and makes "what you have" to say irrelevant. All I see are Conor fans like Hardchanger saying Aldo is the best. I call Aldo pound for pound #1 myself...In fact I see Aldo/Mendes fans shitting on Conor a lot more. I will look for some of the examples but I have seen plenty of it during my time here. Why dont you call that out? Oh, thats right because youre biased
As i already stated i myself am a Mcgregor fan, im not saying everyone who is a Mcgregor fan is an Aldo hater, cmon dude, you find it offensive? Really? Maybe you shouldnt take it personal and accept that its not directed at you and its directed and the people who are discrediting Aldo, and there is alot of them, but im not going to post peoples screen names because thats ridiculous. Go find them yourself Phone Post 3.0

btfos - Whos calling Aldo a pussy? I want to see specific examples citied. I find your generalizations of all Conor fans with no examples or any kind of evidence offensive. It lessens your position, and makes "what you have" to say irrelevant. All I see are Conor fans like Hardchanger saying Aldo is the best. I call Aldo pound for pound #1 myself...In fact I see Aldo/Mendes fans shitting on Conor a lot more. I will look for some of the examples but I have seen plenty of it during my time here. Why dont you call that out? Oh, thats right because youre biased
Your one of the biggest Aldo bashers here, all your posts are insinuating that he's either ducking McGregor or a steroid test, either that or we might as well not see the fight because McGregor is just going to smoke Aldo. I get that your fan of McGregor but come on man let his nuts breathe. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with the op, I wasn't sold on McGregor and had questions like could he beat a top ranked fighter?? Did he deserve his shot at Aldo?? Was he a front runner?? etc.
McGregor answered my questions, I now have no problem with him having his crack at Aldo, I respect Conor's fighting skills he is legit, I do not respect his mouth.
That said, I am very interested to see how Aldo deals with Conor's reach and his timing and accuracy and how Conor reacts to Aldo's Thai, speed and how quickly he covers distance also Aldo being orthodox to McGregor's southpaw and that is just getting started. Very excited for this fight. Phone Post 3.0

Jimmy Recard - I agree with the op, I wasn't sold on McGregor and had questions like could he beat a top ranked fighter?? Did he deserve his shot at Aldo?? Was he a front runner?? etc.
McGregor answered my questions, I now have no problem with him having his crack at Aldo, I respect Conor's fighting skills he is legit, I do not respect his mouth.
That said, I am very interested to see how Aldo deals with Conor's reach and his timing and accuracy and how Conor reacts to Aldo's Thai, speed and how quickly he covers distance also Aldo being orthodox to McGregor's southpaw and that is just getting started. Very excited for this fight. Phone Post 3.0

I figured McG deserved his shot at the title. Anderson Silva got his shot at the belt by beating just Leben. Surely McG accomplished enough for his shot.

I agree that the Aldo disrespect is nauseating. He's defended his title so many times he deserves respect. Those that crap on him are the lowest of the low in MMA fans.

Connor via ko under 3 , I'll bet the under ;) Phone Post 3.0

I'm a big fan of Aldo and respect his record and accomplishments.

That aside, with Conor I see the man to dethrone him.

I keep hearing talk of Aldo's leg kicks being a deciding factor, absolute nonsense.

They're effective against guys who are one dimensional and or possess primitive footwork.

If Aldo keeps this fight upright, he'll be put to sleep pretty damn quickly.

McGregor will charge at Aldo and has the potential to end this in the first. Phone Post 3.0

To pugilistic purists it is obvious that Conor is on top of the GAME, not just Aldo's former division.

It's about PRESENCE. They don't think like he thinks.

Conor came in and stole the show. Who has done what he has done, in the space that he has done it?

It's about MOVEMENT. They don't move like he moves.

Aldo is too rigid, too classical Muay Thai and Cuban Boxing. Now Muay Thai if practiced perfectly is a hard counter to all striking arts, but Conor is TOO VARIED, too long and too strong. It is obvious Conor has a fluidity and natural progression in his fights that exceeds what we have seen out of Aldo lately.

It's about FINISHING FIGHTS.

There's a reason that Conor will be a betting favorite over Aldo now. The win over Mendes elevated him to true Champion in the division. What has Aldo done that you can't see Conor doing now? Conor finished Mendes faster, he took less damage and he showcased a superior dynamic of skills.

Next time JUST SHOW UP.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS ALDO!!!?" "THERE'S ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

CRE -

To pugilistic purists it is obvious that Conor is on top of the GAME, not just Aldo's former division.

It's about PRESENCE. They don't think like he thinks.

Conor came in and stole the show. Who has done what he has done, in the space that he has done it?

It's about MOVEMENT. They don't move like he moves.

Aldo is too rigid, too classical Muay Thai and Cuban Boxing. Now Muay Thai if practiced perfectly is a hard counter to all striking arts, but Conor is TOO VARIED, too long and too strong. It is obvious Conor has a fluidity and natural progression in his fights that exceeds what we have seen out of Aldo lately.

It's about FINISHING FIGHTS.

There's a reason that Conor will be a betting favorite over Aldo now. The win over Mendes elevated him to true Champion in the division. What has Aldo done that you can't see Conor doing now? Conor finished Mendes faster, he took less damage and he showcased a superior dynamic of skills.

Next time JUST SHOW UP.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS ALDO!!!?" "THERE'S ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This right here could be the post of the year if not decade. Phone Post 3.0

CKB2 - Who the fuck are you? We will say what we want. Aldo is over rated. He is the new "Decision Dan" ( over the head of you noobs) . He lacks punching power and striking defense. He is easy to hit and doesn't punch hard. Not hard enough to hurt a guy who walked right through the same Mendes punches that fucked Aldo's face up bad.
I've never been convinced by Aldo. He is a scared little man right now.
Nothing put this fight in perspective like the sight of Conor holding the belt up high and Jose trying to grab it.
It was like a dad holding the toy out of reach of his kid to tease him.
Aldo felt that too. That's why he is so pissed lol Phone Post 3.0

Who the fuck are you? Decision dan? He's had 11 first round finishes in his career! First round. If you compare that to his 9 decision victories, all of which were unanimous iirc, it just goes to show you're an elitist dick who backs none of his nonsensical shouting with facts.

CKB2 - Who the fuck are you? We will say what we want. Aldo is over rated. He is the new "Decision Dan" ( over the head of you noobs) . He lacks punching power and striking defense. He is easy to hit and doesn't punch hard. Not hard enough to hurt a guy who walked right through the same Mendes punches that fucked Aldo's face up bad.
Nothing put this fight in perspective like the sight of Conor holding the belt up high and Jose trying to grab it.

Hi Connor

DubsAli - 

Who the fuck are you? Decision dan? He's had 11 first round finishes in his career! First round. If you compare that to his 9 decision victories, all of which were unanimous iirc, it just goes to show you're an elitist dick who backs none of his nonsensical shouting with facts.

Well said. You made Scooter sit down again. :)

CRE is talking boxing? Isn't he the guy who got knocked out by a 16 year old boxer?

cmfc - CRE is talking boxing? Isn't he the guy who got knocked out by a 16 year old boxer?

Yes but in fairness it happened after he was tapped out several times by a young girl while grappling.