Give me your opinion about Pride

I know its been 2 weeks, but since today was the first day that Pride was aired here in Brazil, I've been avoiding the forum. So I don't know what everyone's opinions were. I really don't feel like arguing here, I just want an overall idea of what every one thought.

In my opinion:

Kondo was robbed. It wasn't even close, and although Henderson fought in an exciting manner, he didn't deserve the win.

Wanderlei was robbed. Ok, 2 knockdowns from Hunt, but that's all. Wanderlei hit Hunt more times standing, and dominated the fight on the ground the whole time. Plus six takedowns. Plus 10 Kg weight difference rule. Plus Hunt's yellow card. Not to mention Hunt's face of astonishment when he got the first vote.

Mino looked like shit. He seemed like a white belt fighting against his teacher. No comments, I think he was on a really bad day or something. I have never seen him do so poorly before.

What do you guys think? Do most agree with me or not?

that sounds pretty accurate to me. maybe the hunt / silva fight was close, but I still think the decision should have gone to silva.

i agree kondo was robbed. dan did pretty well for 104 temperature though. silva wasnt. mino did pretty well in a losing effort (remember fight 1?!?)

ttt

i agree Kondo was robbed as for Mino Id say his game plan hurt him same as the first game plan and same result

I also agree with ur Silva opinion

"Plus 10 Kg weight difference rule."

That rule is not in affect anymore as of NYE they changed it.Ask Monte Cox he will tell you that.Also Fedor beat Nog's ass again!Kondo did very well and should have gotten the win.Also Rulon tore Yoshida up and with it being his first match up that says something.

"I thought Mino won the fight against Fedor, as Fedor was gassing at the end"

This statement requires no comment.

Pretty much agree. Hunt only had one legit knockdown off the uppercut cross. The other one was a "pushdown" Hunts offense was

-Good Combo resulting in knockdown
-Flying butt flop
-good punch knee combo in third.

Everything else was all Vanderlei. I hate pride now and am not ordering them again. I used to be a huge pride fan but after this one I am toast. Kondo robbed, Silva robbed, and how many other robbings have we had? I and a room full of pride fanatics told DSE where to shove it that night.

I wouldn't say Wanderlei got robbed. It was close and could have gone either way. However, Kondo was robbed, and I really see no argument for Henderson winning that fight.

"Kondo was robbed, but I think thats because Dans been telling Pride he is half Japanese for a little while now. "

It so happens that Kondo's been telling DSE that he's 100% Japanese.

Just to add a little more:

Ryan is nuts. That guy is one seriously angry mofo. The ref pissing him off really hurt Anjo, cause after that Ryan went into psycho mode and that was it for Anjo.

Pulver should´ve changed his strategy as soon as he started getting hit. I was really surprised at how Gomi was so much bigger than him. Gomi had such a reach advantage, that Pulver would´ve been better off taking him to the ground.

The brazilian commentators said they thought Minowa´s fight looked a little strange. They said they wouldn´t be surprised if it was a work.

Ryu Chonan is now, officially, a dangerous man.

If you can make it through the first few fights without slitting your wrists, Pride is usually a good show.

Born2Kill - Welcome to the UG, you will fit in well with all the other UFC trolls.

Hardcore trolling thread.

Kondo should have won, the fight was close, but he should have won... And this is coming from a huge Henderson fan.

The Silva x Hunt fight wasn't even close... Hunt won that fight clearly... Basically all because Hunt was Effective, and Silva wasn't effective at all when he was controlling the fight.

And yes, Mino got owned, but did anyone expect anything different?

I enjoyed the card overall. I questioned the point of all the yellow cards over the decisions though.

"The brazilian commentators said they thought Minowa´s fight looked a little strange. They said they wouldn´t be surprised if it was a work."

Wouldn't make any sense. They're certainly paying Leko FAR more than they pay Minowa, and Ikhusa has been on the losing end of some close (even controversial) decisions in Bushido.

Plus, Minowa has always fought like a weirdo. It's not like that's the first drop kick he's ever done. He even did a similar rolling maneuver against Schilt as he did against Leko, and actually scored a takedown because of it.

I don't believe Minowa has ever done pro wrestling. I could be wrong.

He does like to do pro wrestling-style moves in his fights, though.

"That rule is not in affect anymore as of NYE they changed it" didnt they announce this rule AFTER the event? seemed kinda bogus to me..

"I thought Mino won the fight against Fedor, as Fedor was gassing at the end"

You are a troll, Open Guard.

"And yes, Mino got owned, but did anyone expect anything different?"

And you are being a troll here, Kai.