Giving up on God

As much as i love God i just dont understand why he lets me go through everything i go through, if its 9 deaths of people close to me, financial situations, or life itself. I want to give up on him i even thought of selling my soul to satan- atleast ill have power, money, and direction. Im a natural sinner yeah i post on parts of ug i shouldnt, yeah i think of girls the way i do, yeah i get intimate without being married. Id b accepted in the world of prince satan. I fear God, i dont want to be who i am and not go to heaven. I feel pathetic being on here telling strangers all this. But it seems when i think about God or accept him something happens because of my actions at the time and it ruins my life. Id rather not have that. Insight would be lovely. Thank you for future posts. Phone Post

I noticed you wrote " it ruins my life".

If it's your life, it will be your death as well. Phone Post

Is it not our life. If not then is it our death Phone Post

Remember that everything comes from the Lord. Both the 'Summer' and the 'Winter' in your life and soul. Spurgeon has a good take on this.

"Thou hast made summer and winter."
Psalms 74:17

My soul begin this wintry month with thy God. The cold snows and the piercing winds all remind thee that he keeps his covenant with day and night, and tend to assure thee that he will also keep that glorious covenant which he has made with thee in the person of Christ Jesus. He who is true to his Word in the revolutions of the seasons of this poor sin-polluted world, will not prove unfaithful in his dealings with his own well-beloved Son.

Winter in the soul is by no means a comfortable season, and if it be upon thee just now it will be very painful to thee: but there is this comfort, namely, that the Lord makes it. He sends the sharp blasts of adversity to nip the buds of expectation: he scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes over the once verdant meadows of our joy: he casteth forth his ice like morsels freezing the streams of our delight. He does it all, he is the great Winter King, and rules in the realms of frost, and therefore thou canst not murmur. Losses, crosses, heaviness, sickness, poverty, and a thousand other ills, are of the Lord's sending, and come to us with wise design. Frosts kill noxious insects, and put a bound to raging diseases; they break up the clods, and sweeten the soul. O that such good results would always follow our winters of affliction!

How we prize the fire just now! how pleasant is its cheerful glow! Let us in the same manner prize our Lord, who is the constant source of warmth and comfort in every time of trouble. Let us draw nigh to him, and in him find joy and peace in believing. Let us wrap ourselves in the warm garments of his promises, and go forth to labours which befit the season, for it were ill to be as the sluggard who will not plough by reason of the cold; for he shall beg in summer and have nothing.

2 Corinthians 4:18

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. (KJV)

Wut r u saying Phone Post

Paul in 2 Cor 4:18 is speaking about his ailments and afflictions. Although troubling, he realizes the affliction is preparing him to receive great eternal reward. Affliction does not by itself bring this benefit, however, but only as it is seen in the light of God's eternal perspective, as we look not to the things that are seen (i.e., Paul's suffering and all the shortcomings of this present age) but to the things that are unseen (the full restoration of all things at the resurrection to come, and the sure fulfillment of God's purposes for history).

So im being prepared Phone Post

You can look at it that way, but I think u said it was your actions that screw it up a lot of the time. It's your actions that need to change too. Easier said than done, right? That's where the "heart change" comes into play. And only God can do that. It's not you saying "ok, now I'm gonna change" because you can't do that on your own...that is a supernatural happening that only HE can do for you when you give up, and give it all to him. It's called the "born again experience". I've seen people turn around overnight! I certainly did. And his grace isn't some little theological theory, it is a real and true thing that happens to enable you to live a holy life as you lay it all down for him. You just have to come to the point of giving up and letting god have all of you. You will feel his supernatural presence touch you physically, and you will never be the same. All you have to do is ask, knowing that god wants to give good gifts to his children, and let him do the rest Phone Post

I had the most insane experience when i asked.. I blacked out and woke up in a mysterious but amazing place with jesus there and i got to see and hug him. He said i never left you ive always been here and i love you. It did change every part of me but the fire died and its been about 3-4 yrs and alot has happen worst of my life. I just dont understand how i changed to being this other person i dont want to be. But im tired of suffering Phone Post

You must restart the fire, and excommunicate with all those who will react negatively.
It's you and God. THATS IT. FOREVER.
IF THY EYE OFFENDS THEE GOUGE IT OUT.
YOU.BIBLE. PRAYER. CONSTANTLY. Phone Post

So keep goin Phone Post

Many are called and few are chosen. If you are called, be chosen.

When I quoted you earlier about "your life', I was emphasizing to you that as long as you see your life as just your own, and not a spirit working on God's behalf and in his will, you will never feel the joy he has promised you since before the foundations of the earth.

Job would be good for you right now. Read the whole book asap. But confess your sins to God first and ask Him for forgiveness, so that nothing hinders your prayers, then to open your heart and eyes to the revelation the Spirit has for you.

Remember to fight sin, you need a weapon. The weapon is the sword of the spirit. The Word of God.

Jesus used this sword against Satan in Mathew 4.

Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Fight him with the Word. He hates that. You are reminding him of his destiny.

There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Remember, the lukewarm God will spew out of his mouth. You have the fire. re-kindle.

Romans 12:2

New International Version (NIV)

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. 

Ive read it cuz in the past 8 months ive had 9 deaths of people close 2 me kinda like him but he had 10 but wen he tlkd it seemed like he didnt feel Gods love. Phone Post

Very true spark. If you don't have the will or energy to stir up the flame yourself, ask for a fresh fire from God. He will give it if you ask in faith. And it won't be something you will wonder about...you will KNOW when the fire of god hits you. Don't know if you have had the experience or not, but it's indescribable. After you get the fire it will be like a brand new fresh start and you will have a passion for god perhaps like you have never known. You will be able to lay your burdens and questions aside and move on with your life and destiny. I've had the fire hit me about 5 times in my walk with god and each time it made me (not wanting to sound redundant) "on fire" for him. Then, all you will have to do is keep in touch by prayer and the word and god will do miracles in your life bro Phone Post

Yall are true lifesavers Phone Post

Also remember that you can't rely on emotional experiences. Human emotion is not always (and usually not) trustworthy. If you constantly rely on an emotional experience to 'connect' with God, you will find yourself in a bad place when you really need the Lord.

Read God's Word and pray everyday. Find comfort in it. Don't think you need to feel on 'fire' all the time. When a believer relies on emotional experiences he is like the seed thrown in rocky ground in Mark 4:16-17. You want to be like the seed in Mark 4:20. The one that grows in a solid foundation, built on the Word, and not a feeling.

God bless.

And these are the ones sown on rocky ground: the ones who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy. And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.
(Mark 4:16-17)

But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold."
(Mark 4:20)

Very true gord. If you only rely on past experiences with god, when you find yourself not all emotional, you won't have root if you haven't fed yourself with prayer and the word. Receiving a fresh touch from god often is to refan the flame that is already there or to pull you out of a pit to help get you started again. Very often, people who are always looking for the next move of god lose sight of what's really important to god, (helping those around you by bringing him to them) and often are babies still on milk.

Our primary goal should be bringing heaven to earth by displaying gods love to others around us. Feeding the poor, helping widows and those dragged down by the circumstances in life. We are to be examples of what Jesus would do if he were still in manifest form here. But we are in that same pit, how can we help bring others out? God will give you what you need to pull you out, just stay in touch with him. Phone Post

Thank you for your advise and wisdom for i am still young and need knowledge of what to do in these situations Phone Post

Psalm 27

"The LORD is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

4 One thing I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.

7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the LORD will take care of me.

11 Teach me Your way, O LORD,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!"