GJJ vs Karate circa. 1975 Relson, Rolles etc.

Found this pretty cool video of a 1975 challenges matches between Gracies and Karate guys.

Pease post

http://www.mokurendojo.com/2007/06/pre-ufc-gracie-jiujitsu.html

Thanks

Very cool vid with all the older Gracies.

Who is the 13yr old?

4l

later

]

Seriously, who is the kid at the start?

This been seen a lot? Thought it was kind of interesting. Shows more real Gracie jujitsu instead of the sport stuff we see today.

Rolls was an animal. Those elbows to the neck were vicious.

Gracie in Action videos are always worth watching again and again.
Problem with the todays fans is no one knows how this all got started. They dont realize that just 15 years ago no one at all knew anything about submission and grappling in fighting

BUFFGEO - Gracie in Action videos are always worth watching again and again.

Problem with the todays fans is no one knows how this all got started. They dont realize that just 15 years ago no one at all knew anything about submission and grappling in fighting

That is not true.

Sambo, Judo, and Pankration all utilized submissions and grappling before GJJ.<!--Session data-->

It is fun to watch.

1. All the old Gracies in action

2. How clueless everyone else was about grappling

3. The sportmanship of the Karate guys after getting their asses whooped.

4. Rolles fighting. (and easily beating a guy 40lbs heavier and the sensei at the Karate school)

No doubt awesome to watch though.

It's crazy how there are so many styles that will teach a person to "Fight" without teaching them how to grapple.

<!--Session data-->

It's almost like the people teaching have never actually been in a real fight.<!--Session data-->

SCTom, that was Rolls, not Rolles.  Rolles is Rolls' son, who is still alive and still competing and teaching.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolles_Gracie_Jr.

Minor point, I know. But Rolls was and is a legend.

I dunno,didnt the Gracie more or less storm dojos non stop and beat up everyone who had no clue about grappling?

Thats kind of not cool.

Golden Arm - Minor point, I know. But Rolls was and is a legend.

Minor but important point thanks for correction

Still can anybody say who the kid at the first was. Gracie or a student?

voorhees - I dunno,didnt the Gracie more or less storm dojos non stop and beat up everyone who had no clue about grappling?

Thats kind of not cool.

No, they didn't dojo storm. They had the Gracie Challenge though. Other instructors would come to their academy to fight them for a chance at 10 grand (or more, can't remember).

voorhees - I dunno,didnt the Gracie more or less storm dojos non stop and beat up everyone who had no clue about grappling?

Thats kind of not cool.

The Gracies were very much like Bobby Joe Blythe, only more active and less American.

RickStorm DaddyDirtied Me - 
BUFFGEO - Gracie in Action videos are always worth watching again and again.

That is not true.

Sambo, Judo, and Pankration all utilized submissions and grappling before GJJ.<!--Session data-->

I think what very few knew was whether a grappler could beat a striker. I recall reading about some high level judoka thinking karate guys were the dangerous ones!

SCTom - Seriously, who is the kid at the start?

This been seen a lot? Thought it was kind of interesting. Shows more real Gracie jujitsu instead of the sport stuff we see today.

The kid at the start and the narrator are one in the same: Rorion Gracie. First two fights are a young Rorion Gracie in action.

ttt bJJ rules son
!!