Gleison Tibau weight cutting facts...

According to Joe Rogan who talked to his team, Gleison weighed 189 lbs the night he fought Josh Neer in the UFC.

I guess the team prefers him to only reach 179 lbs the night of the fight. Still, thats insane...that's almost 25 lbs over his cut weight. Guy must be a freak of nature becasue he doesn't seem drawn out of gaunt.

Big fan of Gleison.

When he's fighting, he looks like he's bigger than most 170 fighters, let alone 155ers.

Peckerwood - According to Joe Rogan who talked to his team, Gleison weighed 189 lbs the night he fought Josh Neer in the UFC.

I guess the team prefers him to only reach 179 lbs the night of the fight.

Wait, what?!

Yup...I bought the latest UFC DVD and during the Pelligrino/Tibau fight Rogan said this. I was like holy shit.

Not all that hard to do. 25-ish is the normal I see, and if a guy needs to, I have seen bigger cuts.

Traditionalist - Not all that hard to do. 25-ish is the normal I see, and if a guy needs to, I have seen bigger cuts.

I assure you, normal or not it's still PRETTY HARD to cut 25+ lbs. I'm sure Tibau isn't loving life at that point.

Cutting an amount like that can't be too good for his longevity.

Cutting 25lbs would be normal for a 265er, not a lightweight.

I honestly beleive some guys are just freaks...Tibau being one of them. I'm sure other fighters see what he does and think they can do the same.

If he is 179 by fight time, he's still cutting about 14% of his body weight, and about 18% if he's at 189...That'd be like any given 205 fighter weighing between 233 and 242 come fight time.

bmoney - If he is 179 by fight time, he's still cutting about 14% of his body weight, and about 18% if he's at 189...That'd be like any given 205 fighter weighing between 233 and 242 come fight time.

They talk about Forrest being a huge LHW and cutting from 225 or something like that, right? Where's frankiscool when you need him?

I was actually wrong before, it'd be equivalent to between about 237 and 250 for a light-heavyweight.

There was a green namer on here a little while back who told a story about being at ATT and seeing Gleison and remarking to somone "that guy is huge for 170" to which he was told "he fights at 155", which of course caused the green namer to pass out from disbelief.  Or something to that effect.  Keep in mind I'm paraphrasing.

Also, the thread title says "FACTS," but the OP has information coming from Joe Rogan.

I'm going to wait for the Fight Doctor to comment before I decide for myself.

ttt

Tibau is the man!

No way you can cut that much without getting hooked up to IVs afterwards

Not good for the kidney's IMO.

RoidsGracie - No way you can cut that much without getting hooked up to IVs afterwards

It's not against the rules to rehydrate via IV's.

It's not against the rules to rehydrate via IV's.

No that you say that I am remided of blood doping. I wonder if its illegal.

What's up UG, I'm Tibaus head coach and was the one that told Joe Rogan that. The reason we want Tibau to walk in the cage at 179 is because at that weight he is still strong but doesn't lose his speed and endurance. On the Neer fight, he was too big and faded in as the fight went. He's definately a freak that does not make too much effort to regain his weight. Only drink and eat normally and uses 1IV. Osu!