Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka

I mostly agree. The only part I (partially) disagree with is Rumble. I think he’s overrated. Always has been. Sure he has otherworldly power, but he wasn’t ever necessarily the most skilled striker in the world.

Against Jiri, he would have problems. Jiri will start putting a pace on him. Not only has AJ had problems with cardio…. He’s a good hammer and bad nail. We’ve all seen him quit when fights don’t go his way.

Of course AJ could knock Jiri’s head into Bolivia. Jiri could also do the same to him. He just has a better chance of landing the shot because he has a lot more weapons. The sort of KO that AJ can deliver is possibly the only way Jiri can be completely taken out right now, but I wouldn’t call it a sure thing.

3 Likes

Marc Goddard is a quality ref. He had no doubts about what was happening. I don’t think we’ve heard any complaints from Glover about being robbed either.

2 Likes

He did it when there was stalling, as to say, let’s go, ACTION. Indeed, it was not when he was in any danger. But quite a big risk to take IMO.

2 Likes

Tapping as a matter of irony in a title fight might not mean late onset Down Syndrome, but I’m going to be watching whether he puts ketchup in his cereal a little bit more closely now.

3 Likes

Randy did it late in the Tito fight too. His tapping was spanking but watching it live back in the day you thought for a split second wtf is Randy tapping to in a fight he was dominating lol but they were spanks. Still risky for anyone to do anything that resembles tapping for any reason.

3 Likes
1 Like

Apparently Jiri was warned about this? Imagine having to tell a guy that he cannot slap his opponent in the face during an MMA fight, and him saying fuck you bitch, I do what I want. Lol.