glucosamine and chondroitin

sub Phone Post

clattymine - 

There are studies that show it doesn't work.  I took it for a while and swear it helped.  Even if it's the placebo effect, as long as it doesn't hurt you (I haven't seen anything that says it does) you should be fine.

I took it for about a year. Nada.  The facts are, there are no documented scientific studies verified by the FDA that show it actually does anything. Sorry :-(

This is exactly what I've encountered elsewhere, it's cut about 50/50 between people saying it works and doesn't work. Oh well, I'm going to try for a month or two, at least it will only hurt my wallet a bit.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/glucosamine/NS_patient-glucosamine/DSECTION=evidence
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/chondroitin-sulfate/NS_patient-chondroitin/DSECTION=evidence

The mayo clinic gives both of them an A in evidence. Definitely getting me some.

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -
clattymine - 

There are studies that show it doesn't work.  I took it for a while and swear it helped.  Even if it's the placebo effect, as long as it doesn't hurt you (I haven't seen anything that says it does) you should be fine.

I took it for about a year. Nada.  The facts are, there are no documented scientific studies verified by the FDA that show it actually does anything. Sorry :-(

The FDA also recommends a 'balanced diet' that includes 300g of carbs a day. This advice is why we have a type II diabetes epidemic and tons of fatties.

So citing the FDA means less than nothing to me. Just sayin'. Phone Post 3.0

My wife has been getting knee pain recently after starting a workout program. Got some for her today, will report back if it works for her. Phone Post 3.0

MagSlim - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk -
clattymine - 

The FDA also recommends a 'balanced diet' that includes 300g of carbs a day. This advice is why we have a type II diabetes epidemic and tons of fatties.

So citing the FDA means less than nothing to me. Just sayin'. Phone Post 3.0

That's only 1200 calories, how is that making us fatties?

lol you're going to discount the entire Food and Drug Administration and every study it has ever done because of one diet point you disagree with. Brilliant.

<blockquote>UGCTT_mrzipplokk - <p>
lol you're going to discount the entire Food and Drug Administration and every study it has ever done because of one diet point you disagree with. Brilliant.</p></blockquote><br /> Haha, seriously. You also have to understand the diet guidlines the FDA puts out is that, a guideline, not everybody is the same, and everybody will have different needs when it comes to intake.

JStrongMMA - I use it for my elbows and it does work. Phone Post
^ true Phone Post 3.0