Go Go Gomi!

I just have this feeling that Gomi is gonna beat the shit outta Guida. Hard punches and probably a finish. Sign in if your on the Gomi victory train!

TTT

Gomi has traditionally done great against guys that just wrestle.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Gomi has traditionally done great against guys that just wrestle.

He has traditionally done well on New Years cards too ;)

I'm on the Fireball Express!!!

Signed.

Cant wait for this fight!!

Guida and Jackson have prepared a fence stalling points decision gameplan, hopefully Gomi can avoid that and just launches him early.

I am really hoping Gomi can do it! The thing I worry about is: what if he gets out-wrestled, and taken down and ground 'n' pounded to a decision? Because I can't see Gomi finishing Guida, he's got a good chin. There is a slight possibility, however, I REALLY want Gomi too win!

Cage Kennylz - I am really hoping Gomi can do it! The thing I worry about is: what if he gets out-wrestled, and taken down and ground 'n' pounded to a decision? Because I can't see Gomi finishing Guida, he's got a good chin. There is a slight possibility, however, I REALLY want Gomi too win!

I disagree, I think Gomi will be able to deal with it and I think he will be able to knock him out. Fireball kid's got dynamite in his hands.

Gomi via late second round hadouken! Phone Post

Wrinkle - 
Cage Kennylz - I am really hoping Gomi can do it! The thing I worry about is: what if he gets out-wrestled, and taken down and ground 'n' pounded to a decision? Because I can't see Gomi finishing Guida, he's got a good chin. There is a slight possibility, however, I REALLY want Gomi too win!

I disagree, I think Gomi will be able to deal with it and I think he will be able to knock him out. Fireball kid's got dynamite in his hands.

I'm not sure about that. But I sure hope you're right!

Tyson had a pretty solid chin too.

i hope he can do it. tough fight.

He's going to hadoken his ass onto the New Years eve ball.

Gomi, Gomi, Gomi !!!!

Gomi via KO. Guida's chin can handle Sanchez, but not Fireball Kid. Phone Post

guida, will not stand with Gomi. That would be really really stupid.

Guida had difficulty getting Sanchez down cleanly; once he had him there, however, he stayed down (except for the in first round, where it seems as if Clay stands up).

Guida likes to get suckered into slugging it out, at least for a bit, and that is dangerous news when it comes to fighting someone like Gomi. Also, as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, Guida was almost KOed by Diego. Gomi definitely has heavier hands.

Still, Gomi is not getting off the ground if Guida can get him there and you gotta believe that Greg Jackson and Co. are aware of this. It is so tough to pick a fighter with the talent against a fighter with great skills and a great camp. Guida has really rededicated himself to the sport and the long hours that you have to put in to better yourself. I don't know that much about Gomi's camp (can someone fill me in, perhaps?) but even if he is training as hard as he ever has, Guida and Jackson's MMA have a consistent track record of showing up for fights prepared as can be with excellent conditioning, ever-improving skills, and tactical game plans that really seem to make the difference in these pick em stylistic contests.

To put in short, I wouldn't be surprised by a Gomi KO in the first 3 or so minutes of the fight. If Clay can get in there and frustrate Gomi with an early takedown, I think we'll see a lopsided UD from the Carpenter.

Guida only needs 3 takedowns to win this fight. I'm sure Jackson's MMA is ready.

That being said, GO GO GOMI!!!

While thats a good breakdown of the fight I do see one factor while I think plays in Gomi's Favor. He was outclassed in the Florian fight but i don't think that's gonna be the case here, if he is put on his back i think that's gonna frustrate him and make him moe hugry for the KO. I'm looking back to the Azaredo fight which leads me to believe he could score a second or third round KO.