GO TO BED Shogun drama queens

"Not one person at press row had it for Machida." -Dave Meltzer

Slash - 
inf0 - So, did Rogan some how magically influence the crowd with his aura?

Do you realize that crowds boo ANY close decision?

damn ..watching the press conf. lyoto's lip is tore up...

bismanfightclub - OP has posted the correct.

As much as I hate to agree with this scumbag tosser, I have to.

I haven't watched the fight a second time yet but the fight wasn't as one sided as people think. Same principles as Bisping-Hamill apply, the judges have the best view in the house, and are uninfluenced by commentary. I'm going to get so tired of hearing this robbery talk over the next few weeks.

Slash and his simpleton cheer squad were most likely on the Machida is going to walk through Shogun/Shogun has no chance bandwagon and are trying to save face. I'll go to bed when you clowns fuck off back to sherdog.

I watched this fight at a sports bar and couldnt hear a lick of commentary.

I cant stand that argument, I dont this the majority is that fucking stupid, its not hard to tell.

At least half the PACKED sports bar thought it was a robbery and the Machida love in that place before the fight was utterly insane.

Machida won the 1st rd. Shogun won 2-5. Done deal.

Magic8 -   "Not one person at press row had it for Machida." -Dave Meltzer

So, how did the 3 cage-side judges all have it for Machida? This is not reasonable.

Decisions like this really make you question the credibility of the sport.

Jordan Breen (Sherdog): 48-47 Rua
Brian Knapp (Sherdog): 48-47 Rua
Mike Fridley (Sherdog): 50-45 Rua

Sergio Non (USA Today): 49-46 Rua
Beau Dure (USA Today): 48-47 Rua

MMA Junkie: 49-46/48-47 Rua

promma.info: 50-45 Rua

fiveouncesofpain.com: 50-45 Rua

EvilMaster: 50-45 Rua

I Like Turtles - Slash and his simpleton cheer squad were most likely on the Machida is going to walk through Shogun/Shogun has no chance bandwagon and are trying to save face. I'll go to bed when you clowns fuck off back to sherdog.

Nope. Read all my past posts. I didn't say anything about this fight prior to it. I just knew that this was going to be a close fight.

I think if you thought Machida clearly won the fight, then that would make YOU the nuthugging faggot.

At best, Machida BARELY squeaked away with a win. Realistically, Rua controled that whole fight.

Read my posts on this thread before you jump to a conclusion. (If you're talking to me, TheBear228)

Why Machida won:

in the early rounds they would exchange. Shogun with the good leg kick, Machida with the straight punch counter (or 3), and Shogun would end up backpedaling.

Now, Rogan every single time would go on about the leg kick... but the judges scored every one of those for Machida, guaranteed. Punch in the face that sends you back vs leg kick.

In round 5, it was obvious the leg kicks had more effect, but that doesn't enter in the judging, beyond making round 5 in favor of Shogun when he was hitting the leg kicks without the counters.

Very very close fight.. if they went more rounds or (here it comes guys!) if you judged it Pride-style rather than by scoring rounds, Rua would have won.

Bottom line tho.. Rua is 100% back, and frankly nobody else in the 205 division is close to deserving a title shot next over a rematch.

HarlemSavoy -

Why do people quote Sherdog, 5ounces and EvilMaster as people who matter when it comes to scoring rounds? Most of them are terrible writers and forum trolls. Not much to add for your sour grapes credibility.

EXACTLY. How people think it helps their cause is beyond me. The only thing clear about the fight is that it was close. It could have gone either way and you would see fan boys on the other side complaining.

[quote]HarlemSavoy -Why do people quote Sherdog, 5ounces and EvilMaster as people who matter when it comes to scoring rounds? Most of them are terrible writers and forum trolls. [/quote] 

How the fuck does anybody trust this guy to even score a fight? That should be the real question. Machida fans have Cecil Peoples Syndrome. 

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

EvilMaster - Jordan Breen (Sherdog): 48-47 Rua
Brian Knapp (Sherdog): 48-47 Rua
Mike Fridley (Sherdog): 50-45 Rua

Sergio Non (USA Today): 49-46 Rua
Beau Dure (USA Today): 48-47 Rua

MMA Junkie: 49-46/48-47 Rua

promma.info: 50-45 Rua

fiveouncesofpain.com: 50-45 Rua

The first three rounds were all fairly close. The final two rounds were definite Shogun rounds.

So given that you would have to be blind to score 4 or 5 for Lyoto, somehow Lyoto went 9-0 on judges all giving him all of the first three rounds which were close. I think all three are close, although 1 is probably Rua.

I say

R1: Barely Rua
R2: Too close, 10-10
R3: Barely Machida
R4: Rua
R5: Rua

49-47 Rua imo.

Duorok - http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

ttt

If any of you fagits think Machida won, you don't understand effective striking. Go watch those 'machida flurries', every punch was slipped,blocked,parried and the only clean punch was the counter punch that Rua landed at the end.

Rua pushed the pace constantly, he attempted take downs, intitiated the clinch, landed a barrage of clean effective kicks and more punches especially coming out of the clinch.

Machida had a knee to the body he landed 4 or so times when Rua closed distance to clinch, he had some kicks to the ribs and maybe two or three clean punches the rest were dealt with with Rua's defense.

Rua was clearly the winner, Machida started to gain a certain rythym and timing only in the 3rd round otherwise he was purely outmatched.

I really hav'nt been ordering PPV's at all it's been about 3 or 4 years since I have, this was one fight I was looking forward to due to both having international experience. I went to a friends house to watch and can honestly say I've never been more upset after watching an MMA event. Complete and utter BS and any retards that think otherwise are clueless.

I saw the broadcast with other commentators than Rogan/Goldberg. They had Rua winning. As did anyone else with a set of eyeballs.

TeilaTulis'Tooth - If any of you fagits think Machida won, you don't understand effective striking. Go watch those 'machida flurries', every punch was slipped,blocked,parried and the only clean punch was the counter punch that Rua landed at the end.

Rua pushed the pace constantly, he attempted take downs, intitiated the clinch, landed a barrage of clean effective kicks and more punches especially coming out of the clinch.

Machida had a knee to the body he landed 4 or so times when Rua closed distance to clinch, he had some kicks to the ribs and maybe two or three clean punches the rest were dealt with with Rua's defense.

Rua was clearly the winner, Machida started to gain a certain rythym and timing only in the 3rd round otherwise he was purely outmatched.

I really hav'nt been ordering PPV's at all it's been about 3 or 4 years since I have, this was one fight I was looking forward to due to both having international experience. I went to a friends house to watch and can honestly say I've never been more upset after watching an MMA event. Complete and utter BS and any retards that think otherwise are clueless.
very well stated.. i was pissed .. the CSAC is crooked and corrupt- they got busted for accepting free tickets n stuff from promoters.. currenty being investigated.. hopefully new blood like nick "the goat" thompson will get in there and help change things up.... 

Duorok - http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

Wow...it would seem pretty hard to argue with that.