GOAT MLB shortstop?

With baseball season coming up here soon and the possibility of meeting the Cal Ripken Jr. in person next Saturday it got me to thinking.......who's the GOAT MLB Shortstop?

Most online lists and baseball people have Honus Wagner as by far the GOAT due to his WAR and the fact that he produced so much whilst in the Dead Ball Era.  Statistically speaking I suppose that he is the best ever, however the fact is he played over 100+ years ago and in a league with only white dudes.  Granted he might would have put up the same numbers in the modern MLB but I personally always* count that against a guy if he didn't play against the brotha........with the exception of The Babe (*call me hypocritical).   

Fielding.......Ozzie Smith is hands down the GOAT. 

Hitting........Alex Rodriquez is hands down the GOAT (yes I know, I know........steroids).

Most Underated.......Ernie Banks without question  (IMO of course).

For me personally I would have to say the overall GOAT shortstop would be either       Cal Ripken Jr. or Derek Jeter.  #1 & #1A interchangeably.  

What say you OG baseball aficionado's?

Comlete packge? Jeter

A Rod

If anyone says Jeter they are a fucking moron. 

Barry Larkin

VinegarStrokes -

A Rod

I said Jeter.  Apparently I'm a moron and I'm okay with that. 

Mind explaining your reasoning?

As much as I'm a homer for Baltimore, I don't know that I would put Cal at #1. He's a solid player, many Gold Gloves and a few MVPs I think but I think an argument for ARod is just as strong. 

Jeter, while valuable to his team and probably a top 5 SS is definitely not number 1. 

Jeter had average range and an average arm. He benefitted from being on stacked teams and in NY. He didn't have power, which is not unusual for a short stop. That he has so many gold gloves is a total joke. There were always better defensive SS in the AL. 

AnthonyWeiner -
VinegarStrokes - 

Jeter had average range and an average arm. He benefitted from being on stacked teams and in NY. He didn't have power, which is not unusual for a short stop. That he has so many gold gloves is a total joke. There were always better defensive SS in the AL. 

True. He was, at best, slightly above average, and a huge downgrade from A-Rod.

But those spinning fadeaway jump throws bruh.......

VinegarStrokes - 

I'll grant you, Jeter did not have range, but he had a pretty good arm. Jeter somehow manages to be the most underrated and most overrated shortstop defensively out there.

To answer OP's question, A-Rod or Jeter for modern baseball. Honus Wagner for the old-timers.

TheMMAn -

Comlete packge? Jeter

Lol Jeter is not the GOAT

Alex Rodriguez

Rafael Ramirez 

love,

TravernBJJ

A-Rod by a mile. Banks would be second. 

Jeter hit leadoff or 2nd on stacked Yankee teams for 20 seasons and scored a million runs because of it. I don't think Derek Jeter ever had a season where he was the best SS in the game. Jeter had the range of a DH for his last few seasons, but not enough power to DH. 

Cal had the 2 MVP seasons and the streak, but maybe the guy should have took some time off. His stupid record hurt his team.

VinegarStrokes - 

A Rod

And in denial

Snoopy

Bobby Lupo - 

A-Rod by a mile. Banks would be second. 

Jeter hit leadoff or 2nd on stacked Yankee teams for 20 seasons and scored a million runs because of it. I don't think Derek Jeter ever had a season where he was the best SS in the game. Jeter had the range of a DH for his last few seasons, but not enough power to DH. 

Cal had the 2 MVP seasons and the streak, but maybe the guy should have took some time off. His stupid record hurt his team.

He is excluded from consideration because he was never the best ss on his team.

A-Rod

Omar

I miss prime Nomar. That is all.

The roids disqualify ARod!

My vote goes to Cal