God is Good (story about me)

Not to get into it too much, but I have been in a real money bind lately. I got myself into a situation where I needed to get a lot of cash together in the next couple of weeks. Which is my own fault, and beside the point of the story

The point of the story is, there was no way I was going to be able to make this money at work. It was too much and I needed it too quick. I started selling stuff off on ebay, and that was helping, but it was going slow. Anyway, like any problem i have, I asked God to help me out and admitted to Him that there was no way I could get out of this situation by myself.

That was last week, about Thursday or Fri. Today I talked to my boss, and he acts like he's about to get me a cash bonus, which I don't hang too much on, because it always gets talked about but never shows up, but there's a chance.

The real reason I made this thread was that when I checked the mail a little while ago, I had a letter from my mortgage company, saying that they made a clerical error like 2 years ago, and they sent me a check for $300. I had no reason at all to expect this check; it was completely out of the blue.

And I know non-religious types are apt to just say its co-incidence, but I have to give the credit to God. I feel like I won the lottery or something. In my entire life, I don't think I've ever needed money as bad as I do this week. I was getting ready to turn the cable off. I turned off my long distance on my phone yesterday. And today I got a check.

Anyhow, its not all the money I need, but its a good start and I feel alot better about my chances of getting the rest of it together now. So that's the story

If you don't mind my asking, how much do you need?

Meanwhile....back in the real world. 10 babies just died of cancer..I guess god was to busy giving you $300 to worry about anything else. YEAH GOD!

It's great that you got the money you needed.

IBI, it was about 2 grand. I've got most of it covered now.

machine, that's about what I expected.

Anyhow, I've said it on here before, and people act like they don't believe it, but I don't ever remember asking God for something I needed and not getting it. I remember not getting something I wanted that was frivolous, but something I needed I always got

Bludhall, I know you are kidding, but, anyway, do you really believe that you can blackmail God so you can believe s/he exhists?

That´s funny.

"Meanwhile....back in the real world. 10 babies just died of cancer..I guess god was to busy giving you $300 to worry about anything else. YEAH GOD!"

i know you probably won't understand but all children go to heaven.....although it is tough for us humans to understand, God does have a plan

IBI, it was about 2 grand. I've got most of it covered now.Glad to hear that.If you end up a little short near to the deadline, I'd be happy to make you a small loan via Paypal (no interest, of course). The pound is kicking the crap out of the dollar at the moment, so it wouldn't be a problem.

i appreciate the offer, but no thanks. I'd rather just sell my blood or something than take out a loan. I have borrowing. thank you for making the offer though

i appreciate the offer, but no thanks. I'd rather just sell my blood or something than take out a loan. I have borrowing. thank you for making the offer thoughNo problem. I totally understand.

"The pound is kicking the crap out of the dollar at the moment, so it wouldn't be a problem."

Hilarious man!

machine30,

Is it hard to be that much of an asshole or does it just come naturally for you?

"i know you probably won't understand but all children go to heaven.....although it is tough for us humans to understand, God does have a plan"

Keep holding on to this kind of garbage as an explanation for your ridiculous belief system.

If I truely believed this, I would go kill my 1 year old son. All i would be taking away is his opportunity to go to hell. I would then repent, pray for forgivness for what I did, and what I was about to do ,and kill myself. Then my son and I would live happily ever after in heaven....ahhhhh....isn't christianity just grand?

*Blows mkirk1 a kiss*

"If I truley believed this, I would go kill my 1 year old son. All i would be taking away is his opportunity to go to hell. I would then repent, pray for forgivness for what I did, and what I was about to do ,and kill myself. Then my son and I would live happily ever after in heaven....ahhhhh....isn't christianity just grand?"

that would be playing God.....and you would be a murderer.....and i would seriously doubt your faith if you could actually kill your 1 year old then yourself.....

That's a cool story. I'm glad you're getting out of your money troubles.

Jason, I've had similar experiences. Isn't His grace awesome?

Puzzled

glad to hear it bro! ttt for God

another thing that i forgot, but which is almost a miracle if you know him, is that my little brother bought like $100 of groceries for me last week. He's been staying with me for like 2 weeks, and he's pretty much a moocher most of the time. But for some reason he decided to buy some groceries, for like maybe the 5th time in his adult life. So that was pretty impressive

I realize that this thread wasn't meant to stir debate and if you want to let my question go, by all means do.

But (to everyone), what makes you make these things are the work of God instead of coincidence? Does it say in the bible that God specifically gives you things that you ask for? From what I understand God has a plan, and if it's in his plan for you to get your stuff, it's yours. Otherwise, too bad, all the prayer in the world isn't going to affect his plan.