Goddard a joke

perfect stoppage. pride never die

Perfect stoppage for once Phone Post 3.0

If it had been stopped ANY earlier the UG would be up in arms saying Joe is a tough guy, give him a chance to recover,etc.

This place is never happy. It was a good stoppage, and calling Goddard a joke in your title was inaccurate and classless.

Good stoppage. Would of been bad had he domed him to the floor again. He at least got a bit if mercy. If that was big Kim in there Joe would be dead. Phone Post 3.0

bigironmike79 - I thought al should've just finished him on the ground. He knew he was seconds away from a stoppage and backs off n lets joe up so he can punish him n show off. Phone Post 3.0
I don't know man, fighters make that mistake all the time. It gives the guy a chance to stall and recover or even get the sub if that's their forte, which it is with Joe. I like the idea of making them get back up while they're wobbly. Phone Post 3.0

I thought he did a remarkable job.

Frankie and gray Maynard coulda been stopped too, but we got a classic.... Joe is a tough dude, give him every chance to recover.... I didn't mind the stoppage, if he did it sooner there would be guys complaining the other way so it doesn't matter.... Phone Post 3.0

Racer X -

If it had been stopped ANY earlier the UG would be up in arms saying Joe is a tough guy, give him a chance to recover,etc.

This place is never happy. It was a good stoppage, and calling Goddard a joke in your title was inaccurate and classless.

Exactly this. It's pretty surreal how fickle this place can be. Phone Post 3.0

Irrespective of this fight Goddard is a fucking awesome ref and has been ever since he started out on the UK scene. Very easy to sit there and judge but reffing is a very tough job and he does it at the highest level. I thought he actually let it go about right, it seemed at each stumble that Joe might be able to clinch and recover but once that option was not on the table the fight was stopped. I personally like fights stopped early than late but in this instance I could see what Mark was trying to do - give the fighter every opportunity to recover

I thought the stoppage was perfect. He gave Joe every chance to recover, and when it was clear, he stopped it.

Mihow - GREAT stoppage

you guys need to stop with terrible this and horrible that

better late than early. Joe will be fine in a few days
Brain damage NEVER heals dumbass.

It won't be life changing, but he probably doesn't remember a few acquaintances after last night. Its crazy how the brain works.

Lauzon was done when he was stumbling around like a drunk man. Wasn't a bad stoppage but definitely could have been stopped earliar.

Everyone in the bar aside from the couple meatheads were screaming to stop that fight.. Phone Post 3.0

Uli Kunkel - Better than an early stoppage. No? Phone Post 3.0
Absolutely not. I would rather a guy get stopped a little premature and have a long heathy life than suffer brain damage from to many shots. Phone Post 3.0

bigironmike79 - I thought al should've just finished him on the ground. He knew he was seconds away from a stoppage and backs off n lets joe up so he can punish him n show off. Phone Post 3.0
Yes let's get on top of a world class grappler when he has clearly been hurt on the feet. What could go wrong? I mean just ask Fedor. Phone Post 3.0

Kirik -

I thought the stoppage was perfect. He gave Joe every chance to recover, and when it was clear, he stopped it.

Kirik hes so tough he can take shots that put other people out cold and still stay on his feet but he looked rocked and he was, i dont think he was going to recover and he didnt, im a believer of leaving it long enough to make sure and give a fighter every chance to recover but imo goddard let that go a little to long he was stumbling accross the cage frontwards and backwards losing balance and not defending intelligently and mostly not defending himself at all, he was taking hard punches and you could see him getting a little more wobbly with each one, now if that had of been 5 - 6 punches fair enough but it was alot more... Not good for a fighter taking clean punches like that when there already rocked. Phone Post 3.0

I thought it was a good stoppage. Gave Joe time to recover, and most would either ended it early (which we would have complained about), or let it go on much longer til Joe fell (which wouldve been horrific).

He handled it just right in the moment. Phone Post 3.0

marth - Most refs would have let that keep going until he collapsed. That was a good stoppage. Phone Post 3.0

This. Goddard is the most underrated ref

Primo Interiors -
marth - Most refs would have let that keep going until he collapsed. That was a good stoppage. Phone Post 3.0

This. Goddard is the most underrated ref
Agreed.

There's a fine balance and incredibly difficult to make the perfect call. Phone Post 3.0

It was a good stoppage. Lauzon tapped Goddard's back as to say "thanks bro"

Can joes corner throw a towel in like in boxing? Don't think ive ever seen it in the ufc Phone Post 3.0