Godfather 3

I was talking to my Italian aunt last night about how much we like The Godfather series and we got to talking about how terrible the 3rd was. We both agreed the screenplay (minus the cousin fucking) was good and the majority of actors did well, especially Garcia. We also both agreed that Sofia Coppala was a terrible choice and she gave a horrible performance. 

Something dawned on me that I haven’t heard dicsussed in regards to part 3 and that’s the transformation of Michael Corleone. He went from a quiet, reserved thinker with a soft voice who rarely showed emotion to a happy go lucky man who wears his heart on his sleeve. People blame Sofia Coppala for ruining the movie but I blame Pacino. I think if he played the character more similar to the first two films it would have been much better. 

What pisses me off more is that Pacino was young enough to still play a great character

when you watch 1 & 2, at no point do you think you're watching al.  It's Michael corleone.  Part 3 he's Pacino 

I only saw 3 once and don't remember anything.

What's your beef with cousin fucking?

kingofpancakes80 - I only saw 3 once and don't remember anything.

Mostly the dialogue. She refers to him as cuz, which really bothers me.

Girly -

What pisses me off more is that Pacino was young enough to still play a great character

when you watch 1 & 2, at no point do you think you're watching al.  It's Michael corleone.  Part 3 he's Pacino 

This is my point exactly, he isn’t portraying Michael Coreleone at all.

scubalou83 - 

Haha, yeah. That would bother me too.

the beauty of Godfather 3 is Michael becomes his father.  except he can't deal with the regret

it was a YUUUGGGGE mistake to not have Robert Duvall in that movie. 

ufc98newb -

it was a YUUUGGGGE mistake to not have Robert Duvall in that movie. 

I believe it was a budget issue. They didn’t want to pay him. 

scubalou83 - 

was she black?

scubalou83 -

This is the only thing I remember about he movie. She calls him cuz... gross

Pretjah -

the beauty of Godfather 3 is Michael becomes his father.  except he can't deal with the regret

Totally disagree. The Don was a family man, Michael went a completely different way. Had appolonia not been blown up we have a completely different story. He got that blonde bitch who wasn't down and it ruined the entire family. 

Yogi the Bearcat - 
Pretjah -

Totally disagree. The Don was a family man, Michael went a completely different way. Had appolonia not been blown up we have a completely different story. He got that blonde bitch who wasn't down and it ruined the entire family. 

you mean the family man that sent his son away to keep him away from the family business?

then asked the same son to kill a rival?

then offered him very little help on how to handle things going forward?

that family man?

Michael was infinitely more a family man and cared more about his son and daughter than Vito Andolini ever was

Pretjah -
Yogi the Bearcat - 
Pretjah -

you mean the family man that sent his son away to keep him away from the family business?

that family man?

Michael was infinitely more a family man and cared more about his son and daughter than Vito Andolini ever was

You talking about Vito?

I'm pretty sure he was didn't want Michael involved. He was in the hospital out of commission.  Didn't he cry when they told him what had happened?

yeah that vito cause he hated his family...he was crying cause that meant michael was going to be around now

So Vito asked Michael to kill Sollozo?

TheMMAn - 

So Vito asked Michael to kill Sollozo?

no sorry it's been about 10 years since i saw it and forgot he was in the hospital at the time.

however vito was still no family man   and michael was a great family man gave his son and daughter everything  even after the blonde witch took them away

just because he had to handle freto doens't mean he wasn't a family man.

Godfather III is a flawed film, but still very watchable, it's just not compulsively watchable like the first 2. If it didn't have to stand next to them, it would have been considered a "good" (if forgetable) movie.

Pretjah -
Yogi the Bearcat - 
Pretjah -

that family man?

He was in a coma when Michael did the hit on the cop. It was the first thing he was told when waking up. He was upset it was him because he never wanted him in that life. 

Also he is the one who advises him which one of his closest friends will betray him. Said that person would setup the meeting. It ended up being Tessio that's why he was killed. 

Maybe you should re-watch with the subtitles on? Lol 

There's a third one......................................................................................???????????????????????????????????