Godfathers of MMA(MMA in 1980 USA)

oldie but a goodie. Haven't seen this posted in a while so I figured I'd post. Could be wrong about the date, but I'm pretty sure it was around 1980 give or take a couple years.

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/-jvXBiJA8iM", "postVideo-39491560-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-39491560");  

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/s07vn3P8Z5A", "postVideo-39491589-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-39491589");  Ah, 1979. Of course, how could I forget? The BEST year EVER. Cuz I was born that year :P

wat

later

Great stuff.

Awesome. Phone Post

ttt

MMA in 1979 people. Appreciate. Respect. Admire. 

TTT

TY D2

VTFU

Lol. Lazer you know me, you know what I bring to the table, and vice versa.  You don't need to vote me up man, thanks though. I started the day at over 80 vote ups and as you can see, I am now at zero. That is because I asked for my votes to be wiped away. I don't like seeing them.   But your kind words are always appreciated and welcome.

D241 - oldie but a goodie. Haven't seen this posted in a while so I figured I'd post. Could be wrong about the date, but I'm pretty sure it was around 1980 give or take a couple years.

Awesome post!
VU when on my laptop! (Memo to mods: please enable android app UV.) Phone Post

Great find, meng. It makes one wonder why MMA didn't take off earlier...

Awesome Phone Post

Bad kickboxing doesnt mean MMA, without any groundfighting thats all it looks like.

these were before the gracies? i thought rorion came to USA in the late 70's

Unpossible. Zhoo Zhits...Helio...Whorian....invented everything.

Now i'll post the vídeo where americans created the wheel, fire and the plane at the same day...

I don't get where some of these comments are coming from. I, nor the video, nor anyone else in the thread has stated that mma started in USA.  Nobody has said Americans created mma.

It's just a really cool old school mma event that took place over a decade before UFC did. Kind of rare and I doubt there are more videos this time frame or earlier.

ttt

robbie lawler 3:27 hasnt aged in years