Godzilla vs. Kong tickel teaser

daglord -

Do i need to watch any other of the movies or OK as a stand-alone?

I watched Skull Island and Zilla king of monsters before just to make sure. You dont need either really but it helped in a couple of areas early and late. 

1 Like

knockout 247 -
daglord -

Do i need to watch any other of the movies or OK as a stand-alone?

I watched Skull Island and Zilla king of monsters before just to make sure. You dont need either really but it helped in a couple of areas early and late. 

Thanks! Watching Kong now. Good movie so far.

To be fair I’m not into action movies to much and I don’t have nostalgia for either of the characters. So I can see how some people would love it.

I wasn’t going to post anything as I am really old enough to remember even the Showa movie series coming out. I think what bothers people is that with all the technology available you’d think we’d have better movies but sometimes it’s not the case. Here was a movie that had a potential to be really cool but just wasn’t. As I get older I kind of measure a movie of how many times I have seen it or better yet would I want to see it again. This was a missed opportunity. How does Mecha-Godzilla become self aware? (then all of a sudden he is doing pseudo - MMA moves which was stupid) Godzilla all of a sudden can cut a whole to the earths core in a few moments? Then the size of both of the monsters changed throughout the movie. How does Apex not know they have an employee with a podcast talking shit about the company?

None of this would be a problem if it was 1962 but it’s 2021 and people come to expect more. I don’t think Adam Wingard gave people the benefit of the doubt. Audiences are a little more sophisticated now and want more then all those years ago, so what happens is the bar gets raised. Sometimes that’s a bad thing but this movie could have made a couple of adjustments and it would be that much better

That whole story line with Stranger things girl and podcast guy were pretty pointless

Blockquote

Spoilers:

Pfft, definitive winner my ass. Both took Ls at some point and walked off and not finishing the fight.

Everyone kept saying “they will fight to the death” the whole movie and then as soon as I saw Mecha Zilla I knew that they both would come together to fight MZ and then leave eachother alone with an “you leave me alone, I’ll leave you alone” understanding.

They built up this whole “there can only be 1 alpha” since KOTM and didnt keep up with the story line. King Ghidorah seems to be the real alpha as he dint even need his real body to kick Zilla’s ass. Both moves he had to be taken down by multiple monsters working together.

Pretty clear Kong tapped out to Godzilla.

Of course he cannot kill him, we need more woke sequels ffs.

LOL I have to agree. Chandler didn’t add much, and Millie Brown, the Samoan kid, and the podcast guy were almost pointless. Also, they didn’t get into the “ancient rivalry” between Godzilla and Kong. What was the throne in hallow earth about? How did the axe come into existence? Why did the axe penetrate Godzilla’s leg but not his head when Kong hit him with it?

Missing from this answer is the 1933 original

Easily the best

1 Like