"Goin home to fix my marriage" -Hunt

Non N00B - Frustrating, because there is a time when even a bomb of a knee like that wouldnt have dropped Hunt. With his chin starting to fade, and lack of speed/reach, he has gone as far as he can now. If only he had this take down defense when his chin was still at it's highest level. He needs it to wade through bombs and connect with people.

Lots of legendary chins falling off lately, Nog, Hunt, Nelson (probably has a bit left in it), Hendo (I dont think he was really out vs Vitor, but he is starting to get dropped more), Shogun. Damn it.

Let's not go nuts.

I don't think anyone on this planet was surviving that knee.

I think it's a bit much to say his chin has gone when he ducked directly into a perfect knee from a high level fighter weighing 240+ pounds on fight day.

The fact he managed to regain consciousness so quickly is testament to how much of a beast Hunt is.

norgeice - Cook the man some fucking eggs Phone Post 3.0
Lmao Vtfu Phone Post 3.0

Gilbosh - 
Non N00B - Frustrating, because there is a time when even a bomb of a knee like that wouldnt have dropped Hunt. With his chin starting to fade, and lack of speed/reach, he has gone as far as he can now. If only he had this take down defense when his chin was still at it's highest level. He needs it to wade through bombs and connect with people.

Lots of legendary chins falling off lately, Nog, Hunt, Nelson (probably has a bit left in it), Hendo (I dont think he was really out vs Vitor, but he is starting to get dropped more), Shogun. Damn it.

Let's not go nuts.

I don't think anyone on this planet was surviving that knee.

I think it's a bit much to say his chin has gone when he ducked directly into a perfect knee from a high level fighter weighing 240+ pounds on fight day.

The fact he managed to regain consciousness so quickly is testament to how much of a beast Hunt is.

I agree that he didnt see it coming which didnt help, it's just that he got dropped by that kick from JDS (partially connected) and even Bigfoot dropped him. The punch that JDS dropped him with early was to the ear, so I dont really count that in regards to "chin talk".

Im just saying his chin probably could have handled that knee before. Anybody that can eat the all of those shots he did in K1 and in the Pride crocop fight could have probably taken that knee. Hell, he never even managed to be wobbled until one of the Lebanner fights.

I guess it' weird for me. I remember when he fought Wanderlei and people said "Wand has no chance of winning, there is NO WAY he can knock Hunt out", I had no idea about Hunt's chin at the time and figured Wand had a chance of stomping his head out. Now when he fights I think "man, there is a chance he is getting dropped!" kind of the same way when I see Nog fight, just seems weird. I was worried during the Nelson fight.

http://playerwags.com/mark-hunts-wife-julie-margaret-hunt/

Post of the decade Phone Post 3.0

I remember there being some comment about them arguing around the time he was tweeting all that weird shit about not fighting anymore ahead of the Nelson fight.

brahmabull81 - He didnt even seem all that sad at the presser, just seemed more relieved that he can finally go home and deal with his bidness.
That's the crazy part. He did so well for a guy who seemed to not have the fight on his mind at all. I wish him the best. Phone Post 3.0

Women! ;)

I didn't know he was having marital issues until right before the fight, but it was obvious something was on his mind in the embedded videos.

Mark was not his normal joyful self.

AND, it was obvious that the altitude was getting to him.

His mouth was hanging open by the mid-point of round 1.

Goddammit, THIS.

I wonder how his performance would have been different if he didn't have this shit weighing on his mind? Phone Post 3.0

Always will be a fan of Hunt,Wish him the best

Firemansam - 

I wonder how many people really got the reference 

CowboyIsMillersSandman - What a professional not letting it get in the way of such a opportunity. I wonder what he would have looked like if he was 100% focused and had a full camp to train.

But I wasn't sad to see werdum win, I would have been happy with either of those gentlemen winning last night. Phone Post 3.0
This. Two great guys battling. Both are awesome. Phone Post 3.0

Non N00B - Frustrating, because there is a time when even a bomb of a knee like that wouldnt have dropped Hunt. With his chin starting to fade, and lack of speed/reach, he has gone as far as he can now. If only he had this take down defense when his chin was still at it's highest level. He needs it to wade through bombs and connect with people.

Having a great chin doesn't mean you are never going to be KO'd.

That knee would've rocked anyone.
Just like the bomb he ran into from Manhoef years ago.

Doesn't mean his chin has gone then and it doesn't mean his chin is gone now. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think his personal problems got to Hunt. He looked focused and on-point during the fight. He's not a natural cardio machine, though, so proper cardio is always going to crucial for him to fight effectively against top-5 fighters.

As others have pointed out, he was visibly tired a few minutes into the first round, especially after grappling. True, the altitude of Mexico City would never favor Hunt, but with even one more round of solid cardio, he might have pulled off the upset.

HolyHackBBCZack - Of course I can't comment on Hunt's personal issues, but just anecdotally how many of you have had relationship issues pop up right before important events in your life? I won't even deal with that shit on my lunch break so as to not ruin my day, let alone before a heavyweight title fight.

It'll fuck your head up and jack your concentration before you can blink. The worst thing to have in the back of your mind when concentration and focus MUST be 100%...

BigEyedFish -
Firemansam - 

http://youtu.be/H0rpeR-uYdc Phone Post 3.0

BigEyedFish - 
Firemansam - 

I sure did

Even though I LOL, I'm not sure I should :)

I really wish this man nothing but the best, and hope he can make positive changes in his personal life, with whatever issues are plaguing him at the moment.

War Mark Hunt.

Best wishes. The man deserves peace in his personal life. I hope he's okay when all is said & done. Phone Post 3.0

Probably just needs to spend some more time at home. Should take some time off and spend some time at home. Being away from your family takes a toll on marriage. Ive deployed 3 times and been with my wife for 10 years and its never easy. Especially when you come back home more and more distant after every one. Hope it works it self out with him and his fam Phone Post 3.0