Going Pro

What are the requirements for going professional?Does it vary from state to state?Do i have to have a certain # of ammy fights to go pro?I figure i'll be able to find fights easier if i went pro,any help/advice would be much appreciated.

ttt

^thanks

I think first you need to find a promoter that will pay you to fight in his MMA event, correct me if i'm wrong, but i think its as simple as that, finding a promoter that will pay you to fight based on your background and experience.

xakx is correct.

But then he's been looking for a promoter willing to pay him for years now, so he's an expert on the subject..

TrainJudo - xakx is correct.

But then he's been looking for a promoter willing to pay him for years now, so he's an expert on the subject..

nah... i had offers, i just decided to stay out of MMA competitions till i have more training in MMA.

FACT: About 5 years ago I was offered a fight with Mustafa Hussain for $150 to show and $300 to win.

LOL the dudes name was mustafah hussain? That is a funny name..

Okay then so whats the best way to get in touch with promoters?I've made threads n responded to others looking for fights with not so much luck,is there a website with a database or something?

i need an "agent" perhaps?

TrainJudo - LOL the dudes name was mustafah hussain? That is a funny name..

You never heard of him? ... i hear he is good, and i think he still trains at Keith Hackney's gym in Schaumburg, IL area...

My advice would be to fight in a couple of smokers & record it.Any footage of yourself in action is what a promoter likes to see for evaluating a fighters talent.Sometimes a fighters record isn`t enough.  

^thanks
ttt

CaptHowdy, just create a thread on here with all your information or try these guys:

http://www.myspace.com/mmarecruiter

CaptHowdy, also i would suggest you do at least one grappling tournament and at least one amateur boxing match first, then AM MMA fight, then PRO.

If he trains with Hackney, watch his uppercuts to the BALLS!!!! ball uppercuts are brutal, imo..

Mustafa Hussein is a really good fighter.

He's fighting on the Iron Heart Crown in Chicago, November 8th.

xakx - CaptHowdy, also i would suggest you do at least one grappling tournament and at least one amateur boxing match first, then AM MMA fight, then PRO.

I've had one mma fight,i'd love to do a boxing match,but i dont know who puts on boxing shows in my area,i've never looked into it to be truthful,and there arent many grappling tourneys around here but i'm love to compete in one aswell

Was Mustafa Hussain that long haired bastid with a ponytail that fought in the UFC?

Felice Herrig and Mustafa