Going to Colorado, have questions

Weed: Is it true you get higher in high altitudes easier?

Booze: Is it sold in liquor stores or in regular grocery stores? Sale hours?

Is it common for out-of-state'ers to get altitude sickness? I'll be in Boulder.

Thanks for any insight in advance.

"Is it common for out-of-state'ers to get altitude sickness? I'll be in Boulder."

i didnt have any issue's until i went to pikes peak (14,000)..

Weed: Is it true you get higher in high altitudes easier? 

Sort-of, less oxygen in the air up here makes smoking deprive your body that much more of oxygen so you may feel higher.  But, also, you have some unbelievably good weed here.

Booze: Is it sold in liquor stores or in regular grocery stores? Sale hours?

State Liquor stores!!!  The 'beer' at the grocery & gas station is only 3.2 "beer"

Is it common for out-of-state'ers to get altitude sickness? I'll be in Boulder.

Yes, drink water and lots of it!  Emer-Gen-C is good too!

Thanks for any insight in advance.

SMH Phone Post 3.0

Boulder is only like 5,400ft...unless you are extremely/unusually sensitive to altitude you should be fine.

Thanks guys!

Honestly Benchwarmer, strong weed isn't an issue. I won't be doing any hash or dabs- I'm going the opposite way- high CBD, mellow high.

Don't eat junk food at that height for sure.
I know it has very strict drunk driving rules.
I don't think you can drive after even one been, maybe just denver.
Enjoy the weed jist don't eat too much.

Hell get some shatter and take a dab. Phone Post 3.0

Drink lot of water!
Have a blast.
Do not run. Phone Post 3.0

Lol just read the last post.
Scratch the shatter Phone Post 3.0

JustMidge - Lol just read the last post.
Scratch the shatter Phone Post 3.0

That's next level shit, bro. I'd probably get over-the-top fucked and have to come down with vodka and Xanax!

Be prepared to be raped on weed prices. Phone Post 3.0

Pat Giles - Be prepared to be raped on weed prices. Phone Post 3.0

$13 a gram ain't bad. That's all I'll probably need since I can't take it with me (and don't feel like trying my luck).

SnapLocally - Thanks guys!

Honestly Benchwarmer, strong weed isn't an issue. I won't be doing any hash or dabs- I'm going the opposite way- high CBD, mellow high.

Take it easy on the Indica, that shit will put you in da couch!  Try a Sativa dominant hybrid. 

**UPDATE**

I went to a dispensary in Boulder- "The Farm". It's actually one of three I went to, but the only one I made a purchase at. The first one was still medical-only, and the other only sold weed products, no paraphernalia. Anyhow, back to The Farm...

When you walk into a dispensary the first thing they do is check your ID, regardless of age. Now that they've ascertained your citizenship status it determines how much of a priority you are, and how long you wait. Medical patients first, then local recreational users, then out of staters. Being from out of state, I had the privilege of watching 15 or so people come and go while I'm sitting on the couch with this retarded fucking colored/numbered bingo chip in my hand. The chip color and numbering system determines the aforementioned priority level. I waited over half an hour for a gram.

Some dispensaries have bongs and shit, some only sell weed/extracts/edibles etc. This particular place had a shitload of pipes, and they were WAY overpriced. The sales floor is basically a glorified waiting room as there is no weed in the main room- you have to go to the locked back room to get your product.

1.1 grams = $14 + 3 tax + 3 for a small glass chillum, so $20 total. I think they were supposed to charge me for the plastic ziplock bag with a sticker on it they gave me which the actual canister of weed goes into, but they could tell I was pissed for waiting so long I was given it for no extra charge.

One can get good deals in bulk (half and full ounces) if they're a CO resident, but for out of staters you're limited to 1/4 oz a day.

Over all I wasn't overly impressed with their system. In fact the only real plus is that it's legal. Average prices, highly taxed, long waiting line, obscure local strains- and you have to be in either your residence or a hotel w/smoking allowed to consume it. Weed is more or less decriminalized in my home state, and as such I wouldn't travel just to do the tourism thing. Aside from the legal aspect, the other plus would be the ability to chose your strain, but as previously stated most of the strains were unknowns of the local variety. That's to their advantage though- if you don't know what they are you have to buy them to see what they're like- no reading reviews on Leafly.

lol at .1 gram

That much burns off your doob when ignited

Regarding weed: you can always over do it, but can't under do it(think about it)

Booze: grocery stores do sell beer but the alcohol is much less than if you went into a liquor store

I don't think you get higher out here. I do know that you can get drinker faster out here. Phone Post 3.0

FlowWithTheGo - Regarding weed: you can always over do it, but can't under do it(think about it)

Booze: grocery stores do sell beer but the alcohol is much less than if you went into a liquor store

I don't think you get higher out here. I do know that you can get drinker faster out here. Phone Post 3.0

I got drunker quicker the first night, but that was also true when I returned home to MN.

Altitude shouldnt bother you unless you go way high up. However, drink lots of water.

I think you can feel the effects of booze much quicker in CO if you aren't used to the altitude. Phone Post 3.0

I went hiking at 10k ft. It kicked my ass. 7500 is my comfort limit.