Going to Dodgers @ A's today with my son

Hopefully the A’s can get their first win of the season today. Going to be a 12:37 pm first pitch. I probably should’ve thought about the traffic leaving the game when I got the tickets but oh well. Go A’s!

2 Likes

I don`t understand how baseball plays games while most people are working.

I think my Dad might have taken a day or two off to pull us kids away from school for a day game when I was younger. Just trying to pass it down to my own. We usually go on Sundays since I don’t think he’d do well with night games yet.

Good Stuff. What capacity is allowed there?

Mostly because they are traveling that night and they have a game the next day

California just moved to orange tier, so 33%. But come June 15th, California will be back to 100%

Let me get this straight. You can attend a baseball game at 33% capacity in California. Yet, many school districts are still 100% virtual? We’re living in clown world. This is government showing their priorities.

You dont ?

No,doesn`t it hurt attendance?

its Cali , people dont work :slight_smile:

The crowd was sounding pretty crazy at the game yesterday. Seems like there is a full marching band worth of drums being played and people dueling ‘let’s go Dodgers/Oakland’ at the absolute top of their lungs throughout. I’m surprised they allow people to bring full fledged drums into the stadium… I would be pretty mad if I went to a game and had people banging on drums right next to me the whole time.

Yeah, my dad used to take us to the giants/A’s game every year. I don’t even like baseball but I always looked forward to going with my dad.
If you have a minor league team in your town that’s where it’s at! We used to go to Sacramento Solans games (nosebleeds and then sneak down after a couple innings).
Hell, we have a minor league hockey team here and it’s fun as hell to go to the games. Cheap family entertainment.

God dadding

1 Like

they’re still playing at the coliseum? so it should feel about the same

The drums are great. Been one of my favorite parts of going to A’s games for decades now.

I hate drums at baseball games but that’s completely because of the Houston Astros.

1 Like