Going to look at a Triumph Thruxton tomorrow

Anybody have one? And specific complaints?

I'm looking at a 2008 carbed model. Phone Post 3.0

Will post later Phone Post 3.0

If I was going to die on two wheels, I'd want to do it on a classic Cafe racer-type bike.

Stupidnewbie - If I was going to die on two wheels, I'd want to do it on a classic Cafe racer-type bike.
Agreed hahaha Phone Post 3.0

Or not!

Hahah Phone Post 3.0

OK does anybody have a shitty 80's corvette and a mullet?

Now I'm sure to get replies haha Phone Post 3.0

I wish I had an opinion other than, "God, yes, I want one, too."

The only thing I can say about them is that around here, they are typically ridden by hipster douchebags. Often wearing a long scarf flowing behind them as they ride.

I have a 2013 Thruxton. Its an injected model. IMHO if you are only planning on cruising around town and not doing much highway riding it's a great bike. It's a little underpowered and a bit heavy for a naked bike. This is all a matter of what you can handle though. There is a youtube video somewhere with a guy riding 2 up from Canada to Cali on a Scrambler. 

Personally if I were hung up on a Thruxton I would check out the new 1200cc versions. I haven't Demo'd one or read any reviews but I can't see how it wouldn't be almost perfect. 

I'm actually at my office now where my Thruxton sits. Ill link some pics in a bit

https://imgur.com/a/0Yhxy Phone Post 3.0

if you have low back probs, i'd go a different direction.

i put cafe bars on my ninja back in the day and it kinda sucked on the lower back

My neighbor has a restored Triumph, I believe it's a late 60's/early 70's bike. He keeps it in his living room, lol.

PatK - The only thing I can say about them is that around here, they are typically ridden by hipster douchebags. Often wearing a long scarf flowing behind them as they ride.
I have side part hair and tattoos on my hands LOL Phone Post 3.0

MDAlex -

I have a 2013 Thruxton. Its an injected model. IMHO if you are only planning on cruising around town and not doing much highway riding it's a great bike. It's a little underpowered and a bit heavy for a naked bike. This is all a matter of what you can handle though. There is a youtube video somewhere with a guy riding 2 up from Canada to Cali on a Scrambler. 

Personally if I were hung up on a Thruxton I would check out the new 1200cc versions. I haven't Demo'd one or read any reviews but I can't see how it wouldn't be almost perfect. 

I'm actually at my office now where my Thruxton sits. Ill link some pics in a bit

Thanks!

I actually prefer a Bonneville but there is a really nice thruxton deal by me and all by he sudden the Bonnie's are expensive. Phone Post 3.0

sreiter -

if you have low back probs, i'd go a different direction.

i put cafe bars on my ninja back in the day and it kinda sucked on the lower back

I would change the bars to mustache type or something. Don't love low bars. Phone Post 3.0

Stupidnewbie - My neighbor has a restored Triumph, I believe it's a late 60's/early 70's bike. He keeps it in his living room, lol.
That sounds like me hahaha. Phone Post 3.0

I found a nice ducati s2r 800 but the douche factor where I live would place me higher than usual on the list. Phone Post 3.0

Shiloh - 
PatK - The only thing I can say about them is that around here, they are typically ridden by hipster douchebags. Often wearing a long scarf flowing behind them as they ride.
I have side part hair and tattoos on my hands LOL Phone Post 3.0

But do you wear skinny jeans and a scarf in the summertime?

I want the same bike, fucko.  I love them.  You too poor to just go buy a new one? 

I've long been mulling over buying one or a speed triple or building my own cafe racer. I'm a dad so a speed triple is probably more bike than I should allow myself to have though.

I know it's a Bonnie but still great. Blue please?

https://youtu.be/RsKFsce5phw Phone Post 3.0