Going to the Doc for low test. TME

So I went to my regular Dr a year and a half ago due to fatigue, lack of motivation and sex drive. My blood results showed low (according to the doc) testosterone. I feel the symptoms are getting worse so I called and made an appointment with a urologist for next week. The question I have for you guys is what should I expect? Are there certain questions I should ask? My test levels were 331 and free was 59.7, I don't know how that compares to others but I'm 34 and not sure what it should be. Any wisdom you can share would be greatly appreciated. Phone Post 3.0

I'm 34 and tested at 265 (I think). Started HRT in January. Noticed a huge increase in quality of life. Was hoping for better gains in the gym but I've been sidelined with a back injury. Search for my update thread, I go into a lot of details. Can't search on this stupid app. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know any specifics of the rest of the tests done, he said everything looked fine except the test and acknowledged it wasn't that low. I'm not so worried about the numbers as I am the symptoms. I was told normal range is 250-1100 and 35-155 on the free. If those numbers are correct then it seems low but like I said I know nothing about this stuff. I'm sure the new doc will request a new blood sample since it's been over a year. I'm really just curious if there are other tests that will be done and what I should ask/experience. Phone Post 3.0

Eat red meat and whole eggs... more fat and less sugar.

Do you even lift?

Take vitamin D, zinc, magnesium, and selenium or eat lots of foods rich in them. Phone Post 3.0

Arglebargle - I'm 34 and tested at 265 (I think). Started HRT in January. Noticed a huge increase in quality of life. Was hoping for better gains in the gym but I've been sidelined with a back injury. Search for my update thread, I go into a lot of details. Can't search on this stupid app. Phone Post 3.0
I only use the app if someone could bump it that would be awesome. Do you know what your current levels are at? I'm honestly not looking for huge gains in the gym I'm not concerned about the fatigue and motivation. I'll keep an eye for your thread. Phone Post 3.0

Badmonkey - Eat red meat and whole eggs... more fat and less sugar.

Do you even lift?

Take vitamin D, zinc, magnesium, and selenium or eat lots of foods rich in them. Phone Post 3.0
I could definitely eat better, I eat a fair amount of red meat and eggs, usually a few times a week for each. I love candy though so I also eat a fair amount of sugar. I don't lift just light exercises at home like push ups and walking. I'm 6-2 and about 225 so not completely out of shape. Phone Post 3.0

What you gonna do with all that test? Phone Post 3.0

ZombieFaceMonky - What you gonna do with all that test? Phone Post 3.0
Not sure I understand what you're asking. Phone Post 3.0

arlovskiwonmyheart - So I went to my regular Dr a year and a half ago due to fatigue, lack of motivation and sex drive. My blood results showed low (according to the doc) testosterone. I feel the symptoms are getting worse so I called and made an appointment with a urologist for next week. The question I have for you guys is what should I expect? Are there certain questions I should ask? My test levels were 331 and free was 59.7, I don't know how that compares to others but I'm 34 and not sure what it should be. Any wisdom you can share would be greatly appreciated. Phone Post 3.0

interesting so how bad were these things in your life?i mean you still worked 40 hours a week and got shit done right?i dont even know what a normal sex drive feels like..how bad are your energy levels?

Is this stuff easy to do in Ontario Canada? I'm thinking about calling my doctor too. Phone Post 3.0

Just be careful. There are side effects and once you get it on it, your on it. Can't stop without taking other meds and not guaranteed then to re-set your normal cycle. 

ZombieFaceMonky - What you gonna do with all that test? Phone Post 3.0
He's gonna get you bro drunk off his lumps. Phone Post 3.0

erdoc1983 - 

Just be careful. There are side effects and once you get it on it, your on it. Can't stop without taking other meds and not guaranteed then to re-set your normal cycle. 

this is true but does anyone ever regret getting on TRT?most will say it has improved their lives drastically..u dont read any trt horror stories..

ons ear -
arlovskiwonmyheart - So I went to my regular Dr a year and a half ago due to fatigue, lack of motivation and sex drive. My blood results showed low (according to the doc) testosterone. I feel the symptoms are getting worse so I called and made an appointment with a urologist for next week. The question I have for you guys is what should I expect? Are there certain questions I should ask? My test levels were 331 and free was 59.7, I don't know how that compares to others but I'm 34 and not sure what it should be. Any wisdom you can share would be greatly appreciated. Phone Post 3.0

interesting so how bad were these things in your life?i mean you still worked 40 hours a week and got shit done right?i dont even know what a normal sex drive feels like..how bad are your energy levels?
Yeah I work 40 hours a week and often more however by 2 in the afternoon I'm exhausted and I don't do anything labor intensive. When I get home after work all I want to do is sit there. Weekends I feel like I want to do things but when it comes to it I basically have to build myself up and talk myself in to doing it. I'm not talking about going out for a night on the town, things like mowing the lawn or any little task requires more self motivation then it should. I used to be a ball of energy be able to go all day on 5-6 hours of sleep and while I understand it's going to dip with age I just can't see dealing with this for the rest of my life especially if it's going to get worse. Phone Post 3.0

erdoc1983 -

I'm not necessarily looking for TRT but I'm not opposed to it either, like I mentioned earlier I know nothing about this stuff which is why I'm going to a Dr instead of trying to self medicate. Not sure how I'd feel about being on TRT for life but I think I'd rather deal with that then this lack of drive and energy. Thanks for all the input so far, any more info is welcomed. Phone Post 3.0

When the zombie apocalypse hits and your TRT runs out, you'll become the weak. Phone Post 3.0

Jack and Wink - When the zombie apocalypse hits and your TRT runs out, you'll become the weak. Phone Post 3.0
I've seen the Walking Dead and World War Z, if either of those happen I don't want to stick around. Or maybe I stockpile now then double down on my doses and save the world by crushing zombie skulls with my bare hands. Phone Post 3.0

arlovskiwonmyheart -
Arglebargle - I'm 34 and tested at 265 (I think). Started HRT in January. Noticed a huge increase in quality of life. Was hoping for better gains in the gym but I've been sidelined with a back injury. Search for my update thread, I go into a lot of details. Can't search on this stupid app. Phone Post 3.0
I only use the app if someone could bump it that would be awesome. Do you know what your current levels are at? I'm honestly not looking for huge gains in the gym I'm not concerned about the fatigue and motivation. I'll keep an eye for your thread. Phone Post 3.0
I'm in the 900s currently I believe. Trying to find that thread in my subscriptions now. Phone Post 3.0

I was tested a while back. I was at 240. I don't know the 'free' thing. Male doctor. He was kinda leading me in the direction of T. I was too dumb and didn't bite.Went back and had to see the PA. Female. She's gonna run every test in the book on me because of my cholesterol issues. I'm always tired. She's gonna do a sleep study. I brought up T counts, libido, and fatigue but she's like "I don't believe there's any need to look into testosterone levels. You were tested before. You're on the low end of normal levels so no issues." I think it's the difference between male a female thought on the subject.

So today I booked an appointment with a urologist recommended by a friend. If I measure that low again I'm gonna consider getting on it.The biggest hurdle will be cost. Will my insurance cover it? If not, how much is it?