Going to Tokyo, Japan for first time...

Going there for my first time with a team mate. Any suggestions BJJ AND non-Bjj related will be greatly appreciated. Got a rail pass to see other parts for this 2 weeks trip. Phone Post 3.0

Tons of gyms there. When I went w few years ago there was a website/blog somebody had set up that listed almost all of the gyms in each neighborhood, how to get there, who teaches, if they are friendly toward non-Japanese, etc. will try to find it when I'm in front of a computer.

Also was fun to visit the Isami pro shop. Picked up some cool tshirts there. Phone Post 3.0

green_machine - Tons of gyms there. When I went w few years ago there was a website/blog somebody had set up that listed almost all of the gyms in each neighborhood, how to get there, who teaches, if they are friendly toward non-Japanese, etc. will try to find it when I'm in front of a computer.

Also was fun to visit the Isami pro shop. Picked up some cool tshirts there. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks for the help Phone Post 3.0

I live in Tokyo. what is your instagram or facebook acct? I'll send you a message and help out where I can.

Very expensive and I was there in the early 90's. However it is a very clean country.

seedheaduprg - I live in Tokyo. what is your instagram or facebook acct? I'll send you a message and help out where I can.
Thanks Voted up!

Instagram @JoeyHustleLA Phone Post 3.0

JoeyHustle - 
seedheaduprg - I live in Tokyo. what is your instagram or facebook acct? I'll send you a message and help out where I can.
Thanks Voted up!

Instagram @JoeyHustleLA Phone Post 3.0

No prob. Msg sent

Check out Carde Diem BJJ

My old instructor Yuki Ishikawa is the coolest guy.

Speaks perfect English.

Tell him Kevin sent you

Carpe Diem

btw that was a typo

shin2chin - Carpe Diem

btw that was a typo
Thanks I will check them out. I saw the feature on budo videos also. Phone Post 3.0

shin2chin - Check out Carde Diem BJJ

Speaks perfect English.

Tell him Kevin sent you

This is one of the schools I was going to recommend. My friend Thomas trains/teachers there.

The other being Axis. Also with trilingual instructors.

seedheaduprg - 
shin2chin - Check out Carde Diem BJJ

Speaks perfect English.

Tell him Kevin sent you

This is one of the schools I was going to recommend. My friend Thomas trains/teachers there.

The other being Axis. Also with trilingual instructors.

Nice

I had left before Thomas arrived there so we have never met. I got my purple from Yuki.

He has created one of the best environments to train in ever. Such a chill place.

carpe diem Phone Post 3.0

See if you can hang with MINOWAMAN!!!

i would check out Paraestra Ekoda, its near (sorta) ikebukuro station. they have FREE classes on tues, wed ,thurs (?) from 1 to 3 pm. its free as in no charge and you dont have to be a member of a gym,just show up and train. a lot of the best grapplers in japan train there,when i was there (2010) a regular mat included daisuke nakamure,koji shibamoto, yukinori sasa, kenji urabe, and a host of other people dropping in including koji komuro and shinya aoki occassionally. also,nakai sensei is super cool and sometimes trains as well.

#martialartscommunication

if it were me I'd look for some cool Shooto gym and also try and find Imanari

Went there a few months ago, the mma scene is dead around tokyo dome etc, I found one small pro wrestling place with a crappy sakuraba shirt. Found another place selling weights and gym gear, but had big signed photos of sakuraba gsp etc talked to the lady there and she used to work for pride but had no mma souvenirs. Didn't get to train as I was on my honeymoon :-( Phone Post 3.0

cq_Beven - Went there a few months ago, the mma scene is dead around tokyo dome etc, I found one small pro wrestling place with a crappy sakuraba shirt. Found another place selling weights and gym gear, but had big signed photos of sakuraba gsp etc talked to the lady there and she used to work for pride but had no mma souvenirs. Didn't get to train as I was on my honeymoon :-( Phone Post 3.0
That sucks. I use to hear the MMA shops and pro wrestling shops had the best stuff for fans to grab gear or souvenirs:( Phone Post 3.0

This guy's blog is quite good
http://www.howweroll.com.au/arriving-in-tokyo-japan-for-my-training/

Across 6 detailed posts he details going to Axis, Paraestra Togoshi, AACC and Jewels Phone Post 3.0

For BJJ gear, the Isami shops
http://www.isami-eng.com/index.php?act=companyinfo Phone Post 3.0