Going to UFC 208! First UFC!!

My girl surprised me with tickets for my 30th birthday yesterday! I've been a fan for a long time and have never been able to see an event live, I'm stoked!

its still setting in... I am going to see Anderson Silva fight!

Tell me your first live UFC stories!

Congrats. Hopefully you dont get seated next to an area where the tickets where comped. A vast majority of fans are retarded. Enjoy though and tune out the negative crowd, relax and enjoy!

Went to one and probably wouldn't go again , unless I got a good deal on great seats<br /><br />

Noob

That is awesome, have some fun and try to cop a feel on the ring girls.

Acidic -

Congrats. Hopefully you dont get seated next to an area where the tickets where comped. A vast majority of fans are retarded. Enjoy though and tune out the negative crowd, relax and enjoy!

I hope that's not the case, according the the lady she got a great deal on good seats so... We will see haha

MrYacob - That is awesome, have some fun and try to cop a feel on the ring girls.

Thanks! I'll hover hand at least one of them!

Omg yay!!! If possible go to all the pre fight events and enjoy. Also don't drink too much! I hope Anderson has an all time great KO for you fren!

MrYacob - That is awesome, have some fun and try to cop a feel on the ring girls.

Speaking of ring girls.. I had a flight from Vegas to LA last night and brittney and arianny were on it. It got delayed so we all went to chili's . Then our flight got cancelled :( #coolstorybro

That's sick.

First time I saw Anderson fight was 147 I believe....vs Sonnen II

My girl and I ended up in his fucking locker room afterwards with Jon Jones.

Long story. Blew my fucking mind I go to them several times a year now.

Got free tickets to UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun from Dana. He was giving out tickets to the fubu store at the mall so I sent some buddies at work who could break away. I didn't get to meet him but he called and left me a VM on my cell! Pretty pissed I missed the call but the VM was cool cause I had proof!

Anyways, we got four tickets in the lower level at the Staples Center. The card was insane! Barry vs hardonk, Cain TKOed rothwell, AJ KOed Yoshida, chael fought too! The main event was crazy and we argued over who won for days (I thought Machida won).

Turns out we were staying at the same hotel as the fighters. Met my boy Cain (another ASU alum), struve was cool as hell, and got to chat with Pat Berry. I asked Pat how his leg felt after the crazy leg kicks from Hardonk in a barn burner that got fight of the night. He said "I just got Paid!" It turned out he had just received two 50k bonuses that night at a time he really needed it. We then chatted for a few minutes and he said he had been kickboxing for so long they didn't have the impact on him they would say a BJJ player. Basically he was used to it. He was already one of my favorites but that was pretty damn cool. Turns out a few days later reading the UG I find out those bonuses saved him from eviction. No wonder he was so pumped!

Overall it was an incredible night of fights and I would do it again if I had the extra cash. As it stands this single dad now spends that cash on trips to Disneyland and the beach, little one in tow.

Have a great time dude. I'm sure it will be a hoot!

Don't drink too much. That has been my issue primarily, not that I got sick from drinking, but I was belligerent and forgot half of the fights or more.

beenlurking4years - Got free tickets to UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun from Dana. He was giving out tickets to the fubu store at the mall so I sent some buddies at work who could break away. I didn't get to meet him but he called and left me a VM on my cell! Pretty pissed I missed the call but the VM was cool cause I had proof!

Anyways, we got four tickets in the lower level at the Staples Center. The card was insane! Barry vs hardonk, Cain TKOed rothwell, AJ KOed Yoshida, chael fought too! The main event was crazy and we argued over who won for days (I thought Machida won).

Turns out we were staying at the same hotel as the fighters. Met my boy Cain (another ASU alum), struve was cool as hell, and got to chat with Pat Berry. I asked Pat how his leg felt after the crazy leg kicks from Hardonk in a barn burner that got fight of the night. He said "I just got Paid!" It turned out he had just received two 50k bonuses that night at a time he really needed it. We then chatted for a few minutes and he said he had been kickboxing for so long they didn't have the impact on him they would say a BJJ player. Basically he was used to it. He was already one of my favorites but that was pretty damn cool. Turns out a few days later reading the UG I find out those bonuses saved him from eviction. No wonder he was so pumped!

Overall it was an incredible night of fights and I would do it again if I had the extra cash. As it stands this single dad now spends that cash on trips to Disneyland and the beach, little one in tow.

Have a great time dude. I'm sure it will be a hoot!

Awesome story, I hope this is the first of many!

My girl and I have been together for over four years now. The first 6 months she was strongly against Mma, but I have since show her the error of her ways.

We live together in NY and could never afford a trip to our of state events. After I told her about Mma being legalized in NY and 205 at msg coming up we looked at tickets...that dashed my dreams for 

...sure (stupid app). Needless to say this gift is an amazing one, and as much of a life changing experience as i hear it is, hopefully as a young couple with no kids we can go to many more.

CRE - Don't drink too much. That has been my issue primarily, not that I got sick from drinking, but I was belligerent and forgot half of the fights or more.

And this has typically been the only reason I wouldn't have fun at a live event. I'm thinking one beer per fight limit should be good, by the main card we will be all set to ride it home on whatever.

Nice!

First one I saw was first in Canada, 83.

Have seen 6 now and a TuffNUff.

Have done everything from upper level, 100 level, a box and 4th row cageside seats from Dana because he liked my gif :D

Last one I got to see was 206 in a box with some lawyers. Was pretty sweet and a wicked card to boot!

Hope you have a great time.

Lot of douchebags but worst fans I saw were dudes behind us in the 4th row seats who were drunk off their asses and wouldn't stop yelling jokes. They were funny though and when waitress forced hotdogs on them making them eat due to drunkeness they gave us the hot dogs when she left. Sweet deal :D

That's awesome Steven!! What what gif was it that got you the good seats?!

Other retarded fans can ruin it, but just enjoy it since it's hard to ruin the excitement of 1st live UFC. Advice, don't go to bathroom right before ppv fights start, don't miss the Baba O'Reilly fight clip montage live, it's fucking cool as fuck..... wait I dunno if still have that post zuffa 

Best place to sit is the first riser up from the floor seats. You can lean over hand greet fighters. Get photos etc. but don't have to worry about equal level with the people in front of you. 

My first UFC was Randy vs Big Nog and I sat at the very top row of the arena. Still was a blast. 

Heres a tip. Don't start drinking beer during prelims. You won't remember the main event. Or pace yourself like a champ.