GOLD vs CryptoCurrency?

which do you have more faith as an investment?

Anything you have can be taken by somone who wants it more than you do....

1 Like

Duh! Gold

Gold will keep going up and could never be lost in cyberspace. 

1 Like

I'm getting me a gold grill fro my mouf as soon as my trump money comes in! So I'm team gold all the way!

Hope you had a nice day OP! I'm sure your voluptuous woman is taking care of you and your living large in your townhouse!

RhinoHog - 

Anything you have can be taken by somone who wants it more than you do....

if it is God's Will then I accept what story is written for me.  Maybe in your suggestion I would just enter a new phase of experience where I would become a Monk :)

Kirik Jr - 

I'm getting me a gold grill fro my mouf as soon as my trump money comes in! So I'm team gold all the way!

Hope you had a nice day OP! I'm sure your voluptuous woman is taking care of you and your living large in your townhouse!

Thanks Kirik Jr! 

I think she made a Hayashi Rice for dinner which we will have after she finished lifting weights :)

and I hope this finds you well and in good spirits!  

theraskal -

which do you have more faith as an investment?

Short term volatile investment - Bitcoin.

Long term stable hedge against inflation - Gold.

Nobody realizes that one day after common adoption when a Bitcoin is worth $500,000 these quantum computers will be used to recover lost bitcoins and make someone worth $1,000,000,000,000. After they're done with lost bitcoins they'll come after yours. A few federal reserve tumblers later that are not legally auditable and we'll have a giant transfer of wealth to the powerful, once again.

I trust gold more long term.

1 Like
uniquetechnique -

Duh! Gold

This!

People have lost roughly $140 billion in Bitcoin because they forgot their passwords or got locked out of accounts, and would-be millionaires are struggling to access their wallets

Fatma Khaled 

8 hours ago------

https://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-owners-without-wallet-password-watch-prices-rise-2021-1

A German programmer has 2 chances to correctly guess the password to his hard drive or he'll lose $220 million

Allana Akhtar 

12 hours ago------

• Stefan Thomas, a German-born programmer living in San Francisco, told The New York Times this week that he had two chances left to guess his password to a hard drive that holds the keys to his wallet with $220 million worth of bitcoins.
  • The Times reported that about 20% of existing bitcoins "appear to be in lost or otherwise stranded wallets."-----

https://www.businessinsider.com/programmer-locked-out-220-million-in-bitcoin-forgotten-password-2021-1

1 Like

![](upload://bTRt9ODXQVWJodEA1F4KtOOkoCa.gif)

![](upload://6qBBPgCWlA0bCrQhhV0JxkzI4UC.jpeg)

1 Like
theraskal -

People have lost roughly $140 billion in Bitcoin because they forgot their passwords or got locked out of accounts, and would-be millionaires are struggling to access their wallets

Fatma Khaled 

8 hours ago------

https://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-owners-without-wallet-password-watch-prices-rise-2021-1

My sad reality. I was an early miner that saw it as a fun learning exercise with no value. I mined several blocks before there were pools. Probably ~10, so what, 500 bitcoin? I moved on from the learning exercise early 2010 and kept nothing. Fml. 

1 Like

Gold.

I would say gold if it wasn’t a manipulated market.

Depends on which crypto.

BTC and a few others have gained confidence.

My impression is that the crypto world is rife with con artists and assorted shady characters.

Not confidence-inspiring.

1 Like
Scythrop - My impression is that the crypto world is rife with con artists and assorted shady characters.

Not confidence-inspiring.

So is the cash world.

Btc. I can potentially buy shit with btc once PayPal starts accepting it as payment 

Value of crypto, like fiat currency, is tied to people belief in its value. As soon as people stop believing in it it’s value wanes... Worse with crypto is all it would take is for businesses and banks to stop accepting it and governments could pressure this if so inclined.

Hard specie like gold and silver will always have value.

1 Like
uniquetechnique -

Duh! Gold

You sure?

![](upload://otHCNGoPwxYKOQ5tfhBSS0A6v08.png)

Doesn't look too hot to me